UFC Thread

I don't usually root for anybody/business to fail, but this is the dumbest sport, and these people need to be saved from themselves. Dana coming out with a slap league as he puts his slap-happy relationship on public display..it's poetic. Dana's out of ideas and he's turning into a terrible commissioner.

Another new low for Power Slap ratings in week 4

Power Slap was always going to fade fast, but setting gate/attendance records at every venue while coming off a possible top 5 all time PPV event in Perth does not suggest he is terrible when it comes to Combat sports.

I do miss the days of making great fights and not just "ones that sell"

Power Slap was always going to fade fast, but setting gate/attendance records at every venue while coming off a possible top 5 all time PPV event in Perth does not suggest he is terrible when it comes to Combat sports.

I do miss the days of making great fights and not just "ones that sell"

Yeah, I just don't think an exciting start at the gate is enough to hang your hat on. TV matters too much. They wanna be AEW and sell out everywhere and get 900k TV viewers.

IDK what the mark is now, but my buddy had a house-flipping show on Spike about 14 years ago, and their target was 1m viewers for this exact time slot. It's crazy how much TV has changed. IDK what the expectation is now for shows, but I know sports have much higher expectations than other programming, so 275k viewers probably isn't keeping the network happy.

Yeah, I just don't think an exciting start at the gate is enough to hang your hat on. TV matters too much. They wanna be AEW and sell out everywhere and get 900k TV viewers.

IDK what the mark is now, but my buddy had a house-flipping show on Spike about 14 years ago, and their target was 1m viewers for this exact time slot. It's crazy how much TV has changed. IDK what the expectation is now for shows, but I know sports have much higher expectations than other programming, so 275k viewers probably isn't keeping the network happy.

That is correct except for The WNBA Bomani Jones, and CNN

I would have loved see Jon Jones vs Cain Velasquez in his prime. I wonder how Jones would do against Cain's relentless pressure, like against Brock.

I won't be watching any PPVs any time soon,but I'd love to have seen Ngannou and Jones face each other. He has crazy power ,and could have been a good match up for Jones . The Gane fight just doesn't interest me as much.

Reactions: vols40
Haven’t had to use a stream in a while. What’s the go to these days?

That was close. I had Gamrot 29-28 but wouldn’t have argued either way. My parlay was already dead so didn’t matter anyway.

The real tragedy is that his prime lasted about 8 months. Stupid injuries.

And his team at AKA completely dropping the ball in Mexico City against a much less talented Fabricio Werdum. 10,000 ft elevation and Werdum both made him look like Junior Dos Santos. Was not there same fighter after that IMO. Nonetheless I am glad he is out on bond.

On Fanduel Bones is a -168 favorite, but is boosted to win by sub or points to +200...I doubt he's winning by KO. I took that.

Gane's power and size may prove to be too much, but Bones is coming in in better condition, had a better camp, has a better game plan, etc.

On Fanduel Bones is a -168 favorite, but is boosted to win by sub or points to +200...I doubt he's winning by KO. I took that.

Gane's power and size may prove to be too much, but Bones is coming in in better condition, had a better camp, has a better game plan, etc.
I dabbled Bones rd 5 sub, +5000 its worth a shot

Reactions: n_huffhines
I dabbled Bones rd 5 sub, +5000 its worth a shot

Gane giving up at some point is a good bet. If he doesn't get Bones early, he's probably wearing out. He won the first 2 rounds against Ngannou and then Ngannou, a non-grappler, basically outpointed him on the ground the final 3 rounds. He was spent after 2.

VN Store

Back