UFC Thread

Don't sleep on Diaz. He's beat a favored grappler like 5x in his career. And even when he loses, he wins (McGregor and Edwards). He might get a little mopped up but I feel like he's probably going to lose but his legend will still grow, kinda like the Edwards and McGregor losses.

Edwards is not good and the McGregor win was six years ago. He's going to get beaten up like he did against Jorge.

Edwards is not good and the McGregor win was six years ago. He's going to get beaten up like he did against Jorge.

Edwards is not good? His only loss since 2014 is a decision to Usman and he's beaten Luque, Cerrone (over 4 years ago before he washed), Gunnar, and Dos Anjos. That's a Colby Covington resume, basically.

Jorge was a really bad matchup for Diaz. Everything is based on his boxing and Jiu Jitsu and Jorge is not a more skilled boxer but he is stronger (they're not really the same weight class). Diaz is still punching above his weight class, but it's not against a guy who is likely to **** him up on their feet. There is a reason wrestlers try to stand with Diaz. He is so sneaky with the submissions. This is a completely different dynamic than the Jorge fight.

Does Khazmat even have good leg kicks? That's Diaz' ultimate weakness and I don't think he has to worry about that too much here.

Last edited:
Edwards is not good? His only loss since 2014 is a decision to Usman and he's beaten Luque, Cerrone (over 4 years ago before he washed), Gunnar, and Dos Anjos. That's a Colby Covington resume, basically.

Jorge was a really bad matchup for Diaz. Everything is based on his boxing and Jiu Jitsu and Jorge is not a more skilled boxer but he is stronger (they're not really the same weight class). Diaz is still punching above his weight class, but it's not against a guy who is likely to **** him up on their feet. There is a reason wrestlers try to stand with Diaz. He is so sneaky with the submissions. This is a completely different dynamic than the Jorge fight.

Does Khazmat even have good leg kicks? That's Diaz' ultimate weakness and I don't think he has to worry about that too much here.

Luque is a different fighter now, Cerrone has been getting abused since 2017 and I'll give you RDA because that's a good win.

Khamzat can stand just fine, as evidenced by his fight with Gilbert. Diaz has to be one of the most overrated UFC fighters of all time. A Conor win kept him relevant.

Luque is a different fighter now, Cerrone has been getting abused since 2017 and I'll give you RDA because that's a good win.

Khamzat can stand just fine, as evidenced by his fight with Gilbert. Diaz has to be one of the most overrated UFC fighters of all time. A Conor win kept him relevant.

That's not really telling the truth about it, tho. Cerrone lost to some great fighters in 2017-18. But he won the fight before Edwards and the 3 fights after, and then his stark decline began. He beat Mike Perry and Al Iaquinta in that run of 4-1. He got punch drunk after the Ferguson and Gaetje beatdowns.

Luque won the 4 fights before Edwards and the 6 fights after. You can say Luque is better now. That's the natural progression of things, but Luque was fkn good then. Luque was good way back when he was on TUF.

Diaz is overrated? Do you mean over-celebrated? He's my favorite fighter all time, probably, but I'm not saying he's an elite guy and I don't think fans/media in general have ever really pushed that. He seems to be properly rated. Dana gave him 1 shot at the title in his entire lengthy career, so I don't think the UFC is overrating him. I mean, he's +800 in this fight. Are bettors overrating him? Obviously, no, so who is?

Last edited:
Jonathan Pearce from Johnson City, TN with his 4th straight win in the UFC today. Looked good today, wasn’t as sharp in his prior fight, but pulled it out. Seemed like the weight cut went better this time.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Well, I hope he gets his ass beat. Stylistically, seems like a good matchup for him, but he's so unproven Yan might just walk right through him.

On second thought, this may not be that great of a matchup for O'Malley. As I recall, Yan has pretty good leg kicks.

In reference to Diaz/Khazmat

“It feels like we’re getting to the point where someone should start thinking about pressing charges,” Dan Hardy told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. “It doesn’t feel like a fair fight. It feels like a very, very cruel thing to do to someone that is a legitimate legend. Because they’ve spoken out against the organization, they’re going to get executed live on TV. That’s kind of how it feels, and it makes me feel uncomfortable to think that’s the way it’s going to go down.”

Cormier admitted to cheating and using the towel to make weight at his HOF speech. He's also still crying about Jon Jones cheating with regard to stuff that he got punished for so harshly that the UFC changed its rules. This guy....

VN Store

Back