UFC Thread

I love Bryce Mitchell, but I can't tell that he's improving that much. Or fast enough, anyway. He's not ready to face the better athletes in the division. He can overwhelm these 3rd tier guys with his wrestling and pace but that's probably not gonna consistently work against even 2nd tier guys unless he has a lot more in his arsenal. I think Calvin Kattar would murder him right now.

Dustin poirier is a much different fighter now than the first meeting. I actually like poirier in this fight. I’m pretty excited for this one.

What do you think is different, besides general improvement?

Connor is a smart guy and I don't think he's fighting a stand-up fighter who is the 4th ranked LW if he doesn't have the guy's timing down, but obviously, anything can happen. Poirier is a nice fighter.

Anyone watch Fight Night last night? Johnson City native Johnathan Pearce got his first UFC victory. There’s a good story online about him if you’ve never heard about him. He trained at a gym I went too for awhile, stood up to a gym bully for picking on someone, that day when he was leaving the guy sucker punched him from behind and then kicked him in the face while he was on the ground. Nearly died, and they thought he might be paralyzed even after he was stable. Needed reconstructive surgery, pretty impressive to bounce back from that and even get to fight in the UFC.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Anyone watch Fight Night last night? Johnson City native Johnathan Pearce got his first UFC victory. There’s a good story online about him if you’ve never heard about him. He trained at a gym I went too for awhile, stood up to a gym bully for picking on someone, that day when he was leaving the guy sucker punched him from behind and then kicked him in the face while he was on the ground. Nearly died, and they thought he might be paralyzed even after he was stable. Needed reconstructive surgery, pretty impressive to bounce back from that and even get to fight in the UFC.

watching the fights now and just finished the Johnathan Pearce fight. Great win for him - it was an entertaining fight and he had good control for a decent amount of it

VN Store

Back