UFC Thread

Surprised his corner didn't stop it. One of the longest leashes I've seen a ref give as well.

His corner was atrocious and has been equally bad before. I'm glad the commentating team pointed out how stupid it is to yell the entire time. It has to be annoying to try to focus with a dude yelling instructions that fast.

10 straight minutes of getting beat horribly without any sign of winning. The fact he was allowed to come back out in the 5th was sad. The ref couldn't be blamed. Anthony was doing his job and surviving, it comes down to his corner protecting their guy. Anthony was never going to quit, but his corner is delusional if they thought he had any chance of winning after the 3rd. I wish mma corners were better about surviving to fight another day.

10 straight minutes of getting beat horribly without any sign of winning. The fact he was allowed to come back out in the 5th was sad. The ref couldn't be blamed. Anthony was doing his job and surviving, it comes down to his corner protecting their guy. Anthony was never going to quit, but his corner is delusional if they thought he had any chance of winning after the 3rd. I wish mma corners were better about surviving to fight another day.

You hate to think of it in terms like this but are these instances related to pay in the UFC? Winning fighters get paid more.

You hate to think of it in terms like this but are these instances related to pay in the UFC? Winning fighters get paid more.

Dont know how his coaches are paid, but I've seen that idea floated before. Ultimately I think it's just a case of a corner being stubborn. There has to be an understanding between coach and athlete that if a fighter cant protect themself then the coach will stop it. Dont know the dynamic Anthony and his coaches have between them, but obviously that's not a good look for the team.

Reactions: vols40
Dont know how his coaches are paid, but I've seen that idea floated before. Ultimately I think it's just a case of a corner being stubborn. There has to be an understanding between coach and athlete that if a fighter cant protect themself then the coach will stop it. Dont know the dynamic Anthony and his coaches have between them, but obviously that's not a good look for the team.

With the UFC taking the lead in bringing sports back the last thing they need is reports that someone suffered long term damage.

I know the UFC is about making money but their fighters/athletes are paid peanuts really

VN Store

Back