UFC Thread

It was a good night of fights. I’m glad Stipe won. I like Cormier too, but Stipe is one of my favorite current fighters. I was impressed with Diaz. I wasn’t sure what to expect after his long layoff. I was expecting Pettis to attack the legs a lot more. Costa looked good. I thought it was the right decision, but it could have went either way.

Am I alone in disliking DC?

My HS BFF hates him too.

I enjoy watching him. I enjoy his commentary. I respect him. I don't mind when he wins but I usually root against him.

I hated him until he ate Rumble's best shot and smashed him. It was just too awesome to not earn some grace from me

It was a good night of fights. I’m glad Stipe won. I like Cormier too, but Stipe is one of my favorite current fighters. I was impressed with Diaz. I wasn’t sure what to expect after his long layoff. I was expecting Pettis to attack the legs a lot more. Costa looked good. I thought it was the right decision, but it could have went either way.

He hurt himself because Nate finally learned how to check leg kicks so he had to abandon that gameplan

Reactions: BadJerry20
He hurt himself because Nate finally learned how to check leg kicks so he had to abandon that gameplan
I didn’t know he injured himself. I guess that explains it. Nate’s taking a big risk in calling out Masvidal. Nate looked good last night. You would think the chances of a trilogy are as good now as they will be, unless he does manage to beat Masvidal. That could be a difficult fight for him though.

I didn’t know he injured himself. I guess that explains it. Nate’s taking a big risk in calling out Masvidal. Nate looked good last night. You would think the chances of a trilogy are as good now as they will be, unless he does manage to beat Masvidal. That could be a difficult fight for him though.

I don't think he wants to fight McG. He already beat him twice. ; )

Diaz said it. He's a gangster and wants to fight the other guy in the sport with his same mentality. I don't think he's scared to lose

My HS BFF hates him too.

I enjoy watching him. I enjoy his commentary. I respect him. I don't mind when he wins but I usually root against him.

I hated him until he ate Rumble's best shot and smashed him. It was just too awesome to not earn some grace from me

I like him as a commentator too.

Imagine if Nate learned how to wrestle and get TDs. He has elite boxing and submissions, but his submissions are almost always off knockdowns or baiting his opponent.

Imagine if Nate learned how to wrestle and get TDs. He has elite boxing and submissions, but his submissions are almost always off knockdowns or baiting his opponent.

I just don't think he has the might to take guys down with wrestling. It's almost like judo would be a better TD skill for him.

If this wasn't a fluke and Diaz can actually adequately defend leg kicks, he can beat anybody now. That was a glaring weakness before and probably helped to account for 75% of his losses.

Not sure about the Costa v Romero decision. Thought Romero had two rounds, but not the worst decision.

Glad to see Diaz back. He looked really good. Ready to see him go again soon.

Stipe and DC was really interesting. Stipe just seemed dumb out there and DC was so suck in the first couple times. And DC was dropping hands way too much. Then he brings them up in R3 and stipe takes out the body in R4 then drops him.

I like DC, but I'm glad to see stipe redeem himself. Wouldn't be upset if DC took on Bones one last time and finally took him down, but that won't happen. DC probably retires soon.

Stipe V. Ngannou 2 soon.

Ready to see Khabib again; but i wish it was against Tony.

Hasn't DC suffered enough?

Reactions: JP_UT_O&W
I just don't think he has the might to take guys down with wrestling. It's almost like judo would be a better TD skill for him.

If this wasn't a fluke and Diaz can actually adequately defend leg kicks, he can beat anybody now. That was a glaring weakness before and probably helped to account for 75% of his losses.

I'm not saying he needs to be elite at it, just adequate. You are correct he probably couldn't just off of strength, but if he mixed them in off his boxing when he has people off balance he could be effective with them. Him and BJ are similar in that both have/had amazing BJJ but they use it almost as purely a defense to getting taken down, vs an aggressive way to finish guys, mainly because they both really enjoy punching people in the face. Oddly enough both where kind of sh*tty in checking kicks as well.

Just watched the Bones/Santos replay and I don't get how this was a split decision. Jon controlled the cage basically the entire fight and landed more significant strikes in 4 rounds in a fight with no takedowns. Santos also got dropped by an elbow, and went down from a checked kick, too. Jon got busted up some but he was never rocked.

I knew andrade wouldnt be champ long. Rose was picking her apart until the head slam happened. Cant say i seen a ko in the first 50 seconds though.

I hope Rose gets motivated and decides to come back. She looked as good as ever up until the slam. I have no interest in seeing Joanna or Waterson fight for the title.

Reactions: 615vols
Till is moving up to middleweight and already looks too big for that division

EDff4FUX4AA389G

How you guys see the poirier khabib fight going? Close fight or more dominance from khabib? Im hoping poirier gets the w, but i cant see it really unless khabib tries to stand with him for a bit and gets caught.

VN Store

Back