UFC Thread

The champion has only finished one fight in over four years. GSP is the best welterweight of all time, and there isn’t a close second. He went nearly five years without a finish. It’s not always exciting, but dominance is dominance.

I didn't really care for him either, but was GSP fighting the #11 guy in his weight class during that run? I can't even say I recognize any of the names on CC's finish list.

So is khabib, but they are still dominating.

I don't think Khabib is boring. He gets finishes, and even when he doesn't, he straight up embarrasses guys (Barboza).

CC has 3 notable wins. Old Maia, old Lawler, and lightweight RDA. Don't put him in the dominance convo with Khabib and Usman. Usman neg'd Woodley. CC is very good but don't get ahead of yourself

I don't think Khabib is boring. He gets finishes, and even when he doesn't, he straight up embarrasses guys (Barboza).

CC has 3 notable wins. Old Maia, old Lawler, and lightweight RDA. Don't put him in the dominance convo with Khabib and Usman. Usman neg'd Woodley. CC is very good but don't get ahead of yourself
Usman’s best three wins are Woodley, RDA, and Maia. Covington’s best three wins are Lawler, RDA, and Maia. There isn’t a whole lot of difference there. They even have the same record. Neither are finishers. It wouldn’t shock me to see Covington beat Woodley in similar fashion. Neither man should be put in the same category as Khabib just yet. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

Usman’s best three wins are Woodley, RDA, and Maia. Covington’s best three wins are Lawler, RDA, and Maia. There isn’t a whole lot of difference there. They even have the same record. Neither are finishers. It wouldn’t shock me to see Covington beat Woodley in similar fashion. Neither man should be put in the same category as Khabib just yet. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

Uhh, Woodley is all the difference in the world. Covington is not beating Woodley. Woodley would sleep him. Covington beats guys with his wrestling and Woodley might be the better wrestler and he's definitely the better athlete, with serious KO power

Uhh, Woodley is all the difference in the world. Covington is not beating Woodley. Woodley would sleep him. Covington beats guys with his wrestling and Woodley might be the better wrestler and he's definitely the better athlete, with serious KO power
Agree to disagree. I’m not as sold on Woodley’s wrestling as you are. I’m not sure he’s ever beat anyone with wrestling as good as Colby’s. None of his title defenses were as against elite wrestlers. We saw what happened when he faced an elite wrestler. I could see Colby backing him against the fence and wearing him down just like Usman did.

Woodley is not a better wrestler than covington. Honestly covington probably would control woodley like usman did. Covington vs usman will be interesting.

Woodley is not a better wrestler than covington. Honestly covington probably would control woodley like usman did. Covington vs usman will be interesting.

Usman is 3x the athlete CC is, and Woodley is a better athlete than CC

CC = 1x AA, 2x PAC 10 champ
Woodley = 2x AA, 1x Big 12 champ

Covington beats guys because his strengths give them matchup problems. His pace and wrestling are both great, but Usman and Woodley both have that and more.

Usman is 3x the athlete CC is, and Woodley is a better athlete than CC

CC = 1x AA, 2x PAC 10 champ
Woodley = 2x AA, 1x Big 12 champ

Covington beats guys because his strengths give them matchup problems. His pace and wrestling are both great, but Usman and Woodley both have that and more.

What on usmans resume is so much more impressive to you? Trying to figure out what you are basing this on. I see cc and usmans ufc resumes as quite similar.

Agree to disagree. I’m not as sold on Woodley’s wrestling as you are. I’m not sure he’s ever beat anyone with wrestling as good as Colby’s. None of his title defenses were as against elite wrestlers. We saw what happened when he faced an elite wrestler. I could see Colby backing him against the fence and wearing him down just like Usman did.

I hope it happens soon because Woodley is getting old. Koscheck was national champ and Woodley KO'd him back in 2013. Woodley only fought one elite wrestler during his title defense and it's a guy so talented it makes comparison to CC useless. Usman is 7th in lb for lb rankings based almost entirely on his wrestling and athleticism. CC is not ranked.

What on usmans resume is so much more impressive to you? Trying to figure out what you are basing this on. I see cc and usmans ufc resumes as quite similar.

I mean, resume is a shortcut explanation. The Woodley win distinguishes him, but just watching both half a dozen times each is really why i feel strongly about the distance between them. I picked Usman to beat Woodley because I could see the talent

I hope it happens soon because Woodley is getting old. Koscheck was national champ and Woodley KO'd him back in 2013. Woodley only fought one elite wrestler during his title defense and it's a guy so talented it makes comparison to CC useless. Usman is 7th in lb for lb rankings based almost entirely on his wrestling and athleticism. CC is not ranked.
The pound for pound rankings also list Conor McGregor. They’re useless. Wrestling and wrestling in MMA are also two completely different things.

I'll bet you $50 Usman wins, and I don't bet on ****
I never said I thought Covington would win. You’re acting like Usman is such an accomplished champion, and that’s a joke. He has one finish in four years and hasn’t even defended. Their resumes are identical. They have the same record and the same number of finishes. Their styles are identical. I can see the fight going either way. I really don’t care who wins. I’m not a big fan of either fighter, but I think your political views are blinding you just a little. It’s okay. If Colby wore a different hat, you wouldn’t be arguing so hard. That’s something that I would bet money on. Have the last word. I’m going to bed.

I never said I thought Covington would win. You’re acting like Usman is such an accomplished champion, and that’s a joke. He has one finish in four years and hasn’t even defended. Their resumes are identical. They have the same record and the same number of finishes. Their styles are identical. I can see the fight going either way. I really don’t care who wins. I’m not a big fan of either fighter, but I think your political views are blinding you just a little. It’s okay. If Colby wore a different hat, you wouldn’t be arguing so hard. That’s something that I would bet money on. Have the last word. I’m going to bed.

Political views? Jesus

I don't dislike CC. I wanted to like him. Covington is a heel, which I like. I believe his wearing a MAGA hat is possibly just an act. Provoking people in MMA is funny. I like all that stuff, he's just boring, and cocky + boring point-fighting is a combo I don't really care for. Ranking CC behind Woodley and Usman puts me in agreement with the large majority of MMA fandom/media/Vegas. I guess they are all politically biased too?

Maybe you like his politics too much? It doesn't even rate with me and I'm shocked that you would bring it up out of nowhere

Last edited:

VN Store

Back