UF new DC

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
George Edwards of the Miami Dolphins heads to Florida as DC.

ESPN
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He was at UF for a yr under Spurrier...been in the NFL the past 11 yrs..should help with recruiting in the Miami area

Last edited:
Oh, the LB's coach. Now I know who he is.

I'm lying.

per the Sun:

Meyer and interim coach Steve Addazio have hired three new assistants this week - Edwards, Stanford defensive ends and special teams coordinator D.J. Durkin and Syracuse running backs coach Stan Drayton, who was Meyer's running backs coach at Florida from 2005-07.

Interesting... The Drayton hire was pretty interesting as well...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

IMO, the hiring of Edwards and Drayton indicates Foley is heavily involved in restocking the staff b/c of previous stints in Gainesville. With Durkin's special teams experience, the indicator of Meyer's LOA duties are becoming clearer. Foley seems to want Urban to keep recruiting and he'll call if he wants his opinion on other matters. Foley will babysit Addazio and they'll handle much of Urban's other duties.

Well, the restructuring has begun. Just hope it works out.

Edwards is a good hire. Don't be fooled... he can coach and he can recruit in Florida.

Good hire.

Drayton left me scratching my head, but Durkin is a good hire as well. Especially if Meyer is going to give up ST duties

I remember him from his stint with the Redskins. When he was their LB Coach he had Arrington, Armstead and Trotter... can't really ask for better talent (especially Trotter and Armstead were cemented as two excellent LBs).

Good resume and a good hire for the Gators.

I remember him from his stint with the Redskins. When he was their LB Coach he had Arrington, Armstead and Trotter... can't really ask for better talent (especially Trotter and Armstead were cemented as two excellent LBs).

Good resume and a good hire for the Gators.

Yet the HBC was still able to drag them into the gutter. He played for SOS at Duke. Edwards has Channing Crowder's endorsement. That's enough to make me anxious.

Yet the HBC was still able to drag them into the gutter. He played for SOS at Duke. Edwards has Channing Crowder's endorsement. That's enough to make me anxious.

Nice to see Crowder's name on VN again. If he says it then it's golden.

I'm hearing that the reason Meyer is doing this is due to some major violations that have yet to come out. It was in some paper callled "The Sports Page". They said just give it time and it would surface.

Florida is moving more and more to 3-4/3-3-5 base sets. Meyer has really been impressed by the 3-4 in recent years.

VN Store

Back