UF Hires…checks notes…Bob Golden as its new MBB Coach

Hmm, how should the Gators feel about this hire? I believe most will likely be disappointed. Heck, I even feel as if they could of and should of done better.

Congrats on your young 36 year old coach that everyone will have to look up on Google though. I see he has 3 years head coaching experience at San Francisco. Took the Don's to the tournament this year, so there's that.

Reactions: UTwild82
Interesting. San Francisco was really good this year (and screwed by the NCAA committee ... should've been a 6 or 7 seed and they did the "let's match up two strong mid-majors so they can't upset blue-bloods scam). That said, he really only has a 1-year track record at this point.

Interesting. San Francisco was really good this year (and screwed by the NCAA committee ... should've been a 6 or 7 seed and they did the "let's match up two strong mid-majors so they can't upset blue-bloods scam). That said, he really only has a 1-year track record at this point.
I wouldn’t say they got screwed, they played a solid G5 OOC schedule (UAB and Davidson) but only played one P5 school all year and eeked out a 1pt win vs ASU. Best win on the year was Davidson or UAB and went 0-5 vs the WCC leaders St Mary’s and Gonzaga.

Reactions: GoVols15
Todd Golden was just mentioned as a young coach that could become the next Coach K. They were not predicting it, but mentioned his name along with one other that could be that next generation coach.

Todd Golden was just mentioned as a young coach that could become the next Coach K. They were not predicting it, but mentioned his name along with one other that could be that next generation coach.
🤣🤣🤣 Let’s wait until the dude finishes top 3 in his conference before anointing him the next legendary coach. He is 1 game over .500 in three seasons in the WCC.

From a story I read they said this coach is heavy into analytics.....UF could have done a lot better imo

How could anyone possibly come up with a prediction like that? That’s pretty much on par with me becoming the next Tiger Woods.

VN Store

Back