Uconn is gone!!

good to see that arrogant biotch taken down a notch again this year.... He thinks his crap smells like roses. problem is I don't like ND either.

Two great semi-final games. Geno’s hold on superiority is slipping. Retirement can’t be too many years away. Will be interesting to see how they replace him. UCLA men’s and Lady Vols fan bases will agree on how difficult it is to replace a legend.

Go LVs!

Especially sweet to see The Jerk of the North's dejected, stunned look after the game...particularly after his smirking performance during the little "hold me back" drama played out with Daly earlier in the game.

They shouldn't feel too bad, though. After all, they DO have that record-setting first-round win.

McGraw has done a masterful job with this group of wounded warriors. Either she recruits tough players or she and her staff are able to develop that toughness. Something other programs could benefit from emulating.

And McGraw can stay classy during games, manage games well, and give good post-game interviews.

You mean until McGraw failed to ackowlege Asia Durr by name don't you? No oversight she has done it before with other players. I don't think she is an especially good loser. She has been the 2nd best coach in my opinion. But with the entry of Vic Shaeffer that now remains to be seen. Sun night could be a big help

Reactions: 1 person
Two great semi-final games. Geno’s hold on superiority is slipping. Retirement can’t be too many years away. Will be interesting to see how they replace him. UCLA men’s and Lady Vols fan bases will agree on how difficult it is to replace a legend.

Go LVs!

That lady who’s afraid to leave the nest riding his coat tails will take over.

Very good game!! Young was fearless and calm all night! I love her game!! Our ladies will mature over the summer and get better as well I’m so excited to see who makes a leap in their sophomore year, something tells me it will be all of them...

Geno is a great coach but tbh 4 of those 11 championships came with Briana Stewart, Morgan Tuck, and Moriah Jefferson leading his teams with strong supporting casts. Not to take anything from him but those ‘ships were obvious and gimmes...as well as those with Maya. The group he has now are basically a team full of Morgan Tucks. Great players and all hard workers but none of them are take over the game each and every game type players like Breanna/Jefferson, Maya/Tina, Diana/Sue were.

McGraw is a great coach with great players who came up big in the biggest game of their lives thus far. Congratulations ladies!!!

Excellent post, IMO

Uconn is dominating the sport, as much as it can now be dominated, while we are being told this is not possible in todays basketball.

Not sure ND beating UC by 2 points in overtime with 1 sec left can be classified as a dominating win.

It was one hell of a game as was Looie and Mississi

Tonight's game should be a great one. Can't wait to see some really good basketball from two great coaches. In game adjustments should be interesting to watch. How will Vic handle McGraw's Zone? ND was a FT machine in the UConn game and the real difference in the game

Reactions: 3 people
Very good game!! Young was fearless and calm all night! I love her game!! Our ladies will mature over the summer and get better as well I’m so excited to see who makes a leap in their sophomore year, something tells me it will be all of them...

Geno is a great coach but tbh 4 of those 11 championships came with Briana Stewart, Morgan Tuck, and Moriah Jefferson leading his teams with strong supporting casts. Not to take anything from him but those ‘ships were obvious and gimmes...as well as those with Maya. The group he has now are basically a team full of Morgan Tucks. Great players and all hard workers but none of them are take over the game each and every game type players like Breanna/Jefferson, Maya/Tina, Diana/Sue were.

McGraw is a great coach with great players who came up big in the biggest game of their lives thus far. Congratulations ladies!!!

We really gotta stop taking away from things like this. Using your logic we can't count what, 5 of our championships because we had Candace and the Three Meeks?

Come on now, having talented players is part of the equation. Except apparantly when Holly has them and can't even win home games in the NCAA tourney or win games against possible national champions up 20 points.

Reactions: 2 people
From the BONEYARD:

Lots of off the rail fans in the chat. Clobbering "their" own players, coaches and team. Very strange.

Good thing for those people UCONN only loses one time/year. Any more than that and those folks would be homicidal.

This fanbase really needs to handle losses better. The blame game sickens me especially when it's targeted at young women who play their hearts out. Geno can handle the criticism, but what I've seen tonight is really disgraceful comments directed at young women who give their all. Basketball is a game and nothing more. Get over it. On to next season. Wow.
Never seen that before:eek:hmy::crazy::wink::wink:

Some on their board are having a hard time accepting it's over....Every empire falls.

It's been remarkably entertaining... particularly the bitterness surrounding Jessica Shepard's eligibility. The Azura Saga is just the cherry on the top.

They do have good reason to fear. Despite their stellar recruits, UConn will likely be outgunned the next two years in the NC run. Perhaps Crystal Dangerfield won't get a NC after all 👍

Anyone know if it's true that UConn's Azura S has decided to enter the WNBA draft? If true that will add big time to their regrouping for next season

Anyone know if it's true that UConn's Azura S has decided to enter the WNBA draft? If true that will add big time to their regrouping for next season

That's been confirmed. Bye, UConn dominance!

They have no real or pretend center next year. They are gonna get crushed on the glass by the big teams like Baylor. They may struggle to stay in the top 5 unless Walker gets way better than this year and ONO and Williams can contribute right away.

Please don't disappoint me, Basketball Gods!!!

Well they have a big transfer from KY who played little because of an injury

Looks like Geno will earn his money next year. McGraw had an uphill battle this year and she pulled it off with a lot of help via Shepard.... but she did pull it off

From the BONEYARD:

Lots of off the rail fans in the chat. Clobbering "their" own players, coaches and team. Very strange.

Good thing for those people UCONN only loses one time/year. Any more than that and those folks would be homicidal.

This fanbase really needs to handle losses better. The blame game sickens me especially when it's targeted at young women who play their hearts out. Geno can handle the criticism, but what I've seen tonight is really disgraceful comments directed at young women who give their all. Basketball is a game and nothing more. Get over it. On to next season. Wow.

Losing once a year usually isn’t a problem. When that one loss comes in the national semifinal game, two seasons in a row, the crowd gets restless.

We'll see how their roster looks by next season. He has a way of pulling players from different places. He has a really good freshman center coming in and also number one player so he can put some mighty offense on the court. Where teams could abuse them if they have a big front court like Baylor, Texas, Possibly Notre Dame if Turner comes back. I don't think they will lose a lot of games but even three or four would certainly look different.

UCONN is a long way from being finished,however,them losing in the Final Four is good for women’s basketball. It proves that the women’s FInal Four can be unpredictable. Everyone in sports gave the championship to UCONN before they played their first games of the season. I just hope that this is a true sign of parity. This was the greatest final four I have seen. I hope this will encourage fans to support their women’s basketball team because these ladies know how to play an exciting game.

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure ND beating UC by 2 points in overtime with 1 sec left can be classified as a dominating win.

It was one hell of a game as was Looie and Mississi

Tonight's game should be a great one. Can't wait to see some really good basketball from two great coaches. In game adjustments should be interesting to watch. How will Vic handle McGraw's Zone? ND was a FT machine in the UConn game and the real difference in the game

Seems like it's not a dominating win, but remove 4 starting players on Uconn team see how far they can go.

VN Store

Back