Uconn game Vols meeting places

get out the huskies...may have to do some mushing...big respect for people that live in Maine...

GO BIG ORANGE!

There is a popular restarant reasonably priced City Steam. Its across the street and about a block from the XL Center. I met VolGirl there in 2007. I think you would enjoy it.

Reactions: DaddyChoc
Going to the Uconn game from Maine. Are there any places(pubs /bars) that Lady Vols fans are meeting up before or after the game?
You need to spend more time in Knoxville or close by. The weather isn't Fla but it sure isn't Maine. I visit both Maine and Knoxcille often during the year.
The up coming Game with Uconn will be an eye opener for all. Uconn since Baylor has been in a sort of slump. They tend to play down to the less talented teams.
The Vols tend to play UP to the Talented teams. This Vols team is one of the best with Chemistry and talent, although I loved the Russell team. Kellie was a favorite when she played. Tough and determined. I expect no less from her teams.
I don't choose to make a prediction on the Thursday game. If it is true to form, and I remember the UT/UC games well, it should go down to the wire. For a Womens College BB fan this has to be a thrill.

I wanted to make mention of this but I also don't think it merits a separate thread, so apologies to MMF for somewhat hijacking his thread.

After UConn's game with Tulane Sunday afternoon, Geno was asked by the SNY sideline reporter what he thought about Thursday's match-up with the Lady Vols. Note - SNY is the cable company that carry's most of Connecticut's games so Auriemma was essentially talking only to the UConn fan base.

You can file this, I suppose, as an FWIW, and I'm guessing that many of you will say it isn't worth ##&#&. But, he was very complimentary of Tennessee's season and team, and was particularly praiseful of the job Kellie is doing.

Personally, I am glad the teams are meeting again, and am hopeful that in the years to come, Tennessee will regain its stature as an elite program, that Connecticut maintains its level of play, and that they'll continue to meet regularly.

Good luck again Bama tonight.

Auriemma was not saying “complimentary” and “praiseful“ things of Tennessee back in November... FWIW.

And once upon a time he behaved so negatively that Pat Summitt purged him from our schedule—which spoke volumes.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
I wanted to make mention of this but I also don't think it merits a separate thread, so apologies to MMF for somewhat hijacking his thread.

After UConn's game with Tulane Sunday afternoon, Geno was asked by the SNY sideline reporter what he thought about Thursday's match-up with the Lady Vols. Note - SNY is the cable company that carry's most of Connecticut's games so Auriemma was essentially talking only to the UConn fan base.

You can file this, I suppose, as an FWIW, and I'm guessing that many of you will say it isn't worth ##&#&. But, he was very complimentary of Tennessee's season and team, and was particularly praiseful of the job Kellie is doing.

Personally, I am glad the teams are meeting again, and am hopeful that in the years to come, Tennessee will regain its stature as an elite program, that Connecticut maintains its level of play, and that they'll continue to meet regularly.

He’s only saying anything positive to keep his team motivated. He is worried they will overlook us and get burned. After their last game out I think they’ll be ready for us.

I suspect the two games they didn’t play very well they didn’t prepare for at all. I’m sure I’m wrong, but I think he’s been putting extra practice time into preparing for our game. He wants to embarrass us.

Reactions: mcannon1

The Uconn/UTenn game proved Women (and men) want to watch good basketball. Rivalry that leaves nothing on the floor when the game is done. The GAME prove it. For 25/30 minutes it was grand theater. Punch, counter punch. For 30 minutes it was anyone's game. Like the Baylor game for Uconn two heavy weight going head to head. That is how the game is meant to be. 40 point wins are an insult to the winner and the loser.

VN Store

Back