UConn back to Big East

Are they still up there?
Last time they won it all was 2016...SC, ND and Baylor for the last 3 years

I'm just saying

CJ - And here I thought that you were the all knowing "alpha male" of girl's basketball. UConn has 6 losses in the last 6 years, including two undefeated seasons. They have set a record of 12 Final 4s in a row, including all of the last 6 years. They have won 3 NCs in that time - no one else has won more than one. In contrast Baylor has 1 NC and one FF and lost 18 games and ND has 1 FF, 17 losses and 1 NC in that 6 year time frame.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
CJ - And here I thought that you were the all knowing "alpha male" of girl's basketball. UConn has 6 losses in the last 6 years, including two undefeated seasons. They have set a record of 12 Final 4s in a row, including all of the last 6 years. They have won 3 NCs in that time - no one else has won more than one. In contrast Baylor has 1 NC and one FF and lost 18 games and ND has 1 FF, 17 losses and 1 NC in that 6 year time frame.

and yet year 4 looms

I am stirring the pot,,,that's all.

But I am very interested in how Geno fares in the new setting and
how we will do when we take on "Evil Genius II" on January 23rd

Reactions: RollerVol and MAD
hasbeensRuCons

Uhhh...Ghoul, if going to 12 consecutive Final Fours makes a team "hasbeens", what might that imply about a school dear to our own hearts that hasn't been to one FF since 2008?

Drinking and regurgitating venom doesn't make our LVs better.

Well Yeah I admit I admire your trying find something positive In The 9 of 13 record favoring UConn overall and 0 of 4 record in Nc games. So of the 4 wins 3 were in succession ? I wish it would ease the pain of the results overall. But sadly it does not. It was an awakening and a foreteller of the changes in the game about to come

Regarding the Women Cbb fans, they seem to be a mixture of lesbian women/ couples and the white haired grandparent which my wife and I were before her death. Not too dissimilar to LPGA. My 45 year old girlfriend loves football and men’s bb or stated differently the fast paced above the rim game in men’s bba Me? I prefer the the pure basketball below the rim game which, while rooting for my Lady Vols, is why I watch as many UConn WCBB games. No one executes that better including the WNBA. I really enjoy the clinic those college aged girls can Putin sometimes

Sadly I watch them alone as my GF has no interest in watching the other team missing their bunnies and being held to 30% shooting by UConns m2m defense. For me, I love defense as much as well executed offense

I’m hoping our new coach gives us hope for our return to glory. I’m thinking she has the goods.

How about you?

Chemistry was what was missing
We had plenty of ballers

All they needed last year was a "game" coach....and a staff with no gaps
a staff that would demand and bring out the best in that coach

If that's what we got in Coach K...
I am all in

Uhhh...Ghoul, if going to 12 consecutive Final Fours makes a team "hasbeens", what might that imply about a school dear to our own hearts that hasn't been to one FF since 2008?

Drinking and regurgitating venom doesn't make our LVs better.

Point made

A point we need to eradicate.

Reactions: RollerVol and MAD
It's a whole different ballgame when you play someone in YOUR conference!
He will get a decidedly more intense competitive output against him, his new conference...by the same teams he easily beat before.

You'll see,,,IF (and I do mean if...) if anyone in that conference is going to try to send a message to Geno, it will have to be the initial day they come to their home-court arena, as a new member of their conference. Because if "the new team" walks out a winner, then the host team has failed to represent their conference against a newcomer.

Geno will have some new challenges.

But this is where I can see if my assessment of him is correct.

Geno will have no problem wiping up the Big East again just like he did not too long ago when the Big East was even better!! He'll make certain his players are well motivated for that challenge, but that's more than a year away! I'm more concerned about Kellie's coaching here where she'll need to undo years of Holly culture and replace it with a winning mindset! She's got her work cut out for her, but I think she's up for the task!

Are they still up there?
Last time they won it all was 2016...SC, ND and Baylor for the last 3 years

I'm just saying

I am just saying that they have not fallen that far.... i think they have made the Final 4 the last 2 years .... that is not bad...

As you know CJ, just getting that far is very tuff

Reactions: RollerVol
Within 3 years of Auriemma's retirement, their decline will begin. By year 5 of Auriemma's retirement, they will be fielding an average women's college basketball team... just like what has happened with their men.
Wishful thinking...far from reality.

They will still be a very good team as long as Geno is coach, but the days of totally dominate dynasties are definitely over. Four different teams in the last four years have won the NCAA's.

That's a fact... it will be hard for Geno to win again, especially when every player wants to go to Oregon & Oregon state

That's a fact... it will be hard for Geno to win again, especially when every player wants to go to Oregon & Oregon state

You may be right, sisaq. But someone forgot to inform Paige Bueckers.

And Nika Muhl, who was recruited by Kelly Graves, the Oregon coach,

and Anna Makurat, and Adebayo, and Griffen, and Mir McClean last week.

Oh, and a certain Ms. Westbrook.

And Stanford and Baylor seem to have had little trouble attracting top recruits lately.
Dawn Staley has been doing some impressive recruiting at Lower Carolina recently, too.

We agree that Geno will have a hard time winning another NC, but his team will be among the top five or six, all of whom will have a hard time against superb competition.

You may be right, sisaq. But someone forgot to inform Paige Bueckers.

And Nika Muhl, who was recruited by Kelly Graves, the Oregon coach,

and Anna Makurat, and Adebayo, and Griffen, and Mir McClean last week.

Oh, and a certain Ms. Westbrook.

And Stanford and Baylor seem to have had little trouble attracting top recruits lately.
Dawn Staley has been doing some impressive recruiting at Lower Carolina recently, too.

We agree that Geno will have a hard time winning another NC, but his team will be among the top five or six, all of whom will have a hard time against superb competition.

Auriemma has repeatedly said how hard it is to win a NC. The one thing that most NC teams have in common is a superstar. For UConn it was Taurasi (3 NC), Moore (2 NC) and Stewart (4 NC). UT had the Meeks (3 NC) and Parker (2 NC). In the years when there is no superstar player the championship is always up for grabs.

Actually, "the Meeks" only won one championship, 1998. The 1996 and 1997 champs had Holdsclaw and Jolly, but they were each totally different teams from the 1998 iteration.

WOW! What a great memory! I had forgotten that.
And, if you would please help me with this: Didn’t Candace literally lobby her great coach (to play her, forfeiting a year of eligibility) from the bench during the Michigan State NCAA Tournament game of her redshirt season?
The year that Coach Peck won her title?
In retrospect, we likely win that title. And, of course, the season that was “saved” mattered little, the tug of the Olympics, the WNBA, and a lot of money being quite persuasive.

WOW! What a great memory! I had forgotten that.
And, if you would please help me with this: Didn’t Candace literally lobby her great coach (to play her, forfeiting a year of eligibility) from the bench during the Michigan State NCAA Tournament game of her redshirt season?
The year that Coach Peck won her title?
In retrospect, we likely win that title. And, of course, the season that was “saved” mattered little, the tug of the Olympics, the WNBA, and a lot of money being quite persuasive.
That's not the year Peck won. Mulkey-R won her first title w Baylor that year. Peck won during Holdsclaw's senior year

I don't think think Tennessee could have beaten Baylor that year. That was a really good team. Their star player Sophia Young gave Candace fits in the WNBA and was a better player as a senior than Candace would have been as a true freshman. But no way would they have choked vs Mich St in the FF if CP3 was suited up to play.

The Lady Vols make their way to France on Sunday and will meet Parisian Select at Gymnase Joliot Curie in Brétigny-sur-Orge on Tuesday at 5 p.m. local time (11 a.m. ET) to close out the three-game schedule.

Their next game is in the morning, our time. Hope we get to see a lot of highlight video, and stats, too. GO LADY VOLS!

That's not the year Peck won. Mulkey-R won her first title w Baylor that year. Peck won during Holdsclaw's senior year

I don't think think Tennessee could have beaten Baylor that year. That was a really good team. Their star player Sophia Young gave Candace fits in the WNBA and was a better player as a senior than Candace would have been as a true freshman. But no way would they have choked vs Mich St in the FF if CP3 was suited up to play.

This getting old is getting me.
I must regroup.
On the bright side, I was only off ...by a decade.
Thank you so much.

VN Store

Back