UCLA offers John Calipari $8 Million Per Year

Year around swimming pools in L.A. baaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbyyyyyyyy!!!!

All that got in Kentucky is rain water standing in the coal mine hole.

Plus, I think most of Big Blue is ready to send a moving van to move his big ole candy rump out of Rupp.

30 years of coaching and only won the unibrow won the only NC for him.

As Charles Barley says, he tuuuuuuuurrrbbbbbile.

I wonder what the details of the deal were from UCLA... Calipari was compensated 9.2 million this year at Ky.

I guess there are a few message board trolls or rivals wanting him to leave but who would they hire to do better? He's been there 10 years and has been to the sweet 16 in 8 of them, elite eight in 7 of them, final four in 4 of them, and a championship. There are a couple coaches (roy, k, and wright) that have 1 more championship but all coaches have less in the other categories in that same time.

I think the change of the one and done rule will be good for basketball overall and I think Cal will be just fine with it.

No problem here, Barnes is kicking his azz. Hopefully Pearl takes the UCLA job;)

Year around swimming pools in L.A. baaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbyyyyyyyy!!!!

All that got in Kentucky is rain water standing in the coal mine hole.

Plus, I think most of Big Blue is ready to send a moving van to move his big ole candy rump out of Rupp.

30 years of coaching and only won the unibrow won the only NC for him.

As Charles Barley says, he tuuuuuuuurrrbbbbbile.

The only active coaches with more Final Fours are K, Roy and Izzo. Guess a lot of coaches are turrible

That is a terrible offer. 1.2 million less a year and then cost of living and taxes. No way that was a serious offer

Reactions: JohnD13
The only active coaches with more Final Fours are K, Roy and Izzo. Guess a lot of coaches are turrible

I was in Tootsie's on Lower Broadway in Nashville just 16 days ago. Had the opportunity that night to discuss Cal with a whole room full of Big Blue fans.

They all thought he is tuuuuurrrrible and wanted him fired that night.

He must have quite an agent.

Reactions: wmcovol
Coaching Negotiations 101 teaches you when underperforming, get another school to make an offer, any offer. Even make up an offer if necessary.

Butch Jones aced that course.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
$48 million over six years.

Seems like a lot of money for a recruiter.

Far and away the most wins in 10 years. Most tourney wins in 10 years as well. His only downfall has been a few big games in March. We've been unfortunate to only get 1 title. We've been way more consistent in 10 years to get far in the tourney. It's just that teams like UNC, Nova, Duke, or UConn have only been to a few Final Fours but managed to win it more consistently. And at the end of the day the only thing that people care about is who won the 6th game, not who keeps getting for 4 or 5 games deep.

Reactions: NashVol11
Lol at some of these comments. There’s only about five programs in the country that wouldn’t trade for Calipari immediately. In the nine ncaa tournaments that he’s made at Ky, he’s only underperformed his seed twice.

If John Calipart for some reason retired after the 2020-2021 season who do you think Kentucky would hire a College Basketball or NBA head coach? It wouldn't shock me in that situation if Kentucky tried to hire a top NBA head coach.

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back