UCF Made The Better Coaching Hire.....

Congrats to them..........we end up with the coach that they didnt even want to keep
Give us a break. SMDH Heupel was not getting fired. Their fans do exactly like VolNation. When someone leaves, we say he wasn't that good or we never liked him anyway. I for one am glad we have Heupel and they have Gus.

Congrats to them..........we end up with the coach that they didnt even want to keep

That's a pretty bad case of BVS you got there. Have you thought about having that checked out?

We got the better offense, and besides that, Gus refused to even talk to us. Not sure how we could have had him as a coach when he didn't want any part of the program.

Let's see how the season turns out and see where our offenses rank at the end of the year. I would be willing to bet we end up ranked higher.

I am happier with Coach Heupel than I would be with Coach Malfeasance. I've seen SEC teams pick up the sloppy seconds of other teams in the past and I am honestly embarrassed for their fan bases. Houston Nutt 75-48 @ Arkansas and 18-26 @ Ole Miss. Will Muschump 28-21 @ UF and 28-30 @ SC. Especially in SC's case, it is announcing to the world that you do not see your team as anywhere as competitive or worthy as the team that just axed the coach. Now if your team hires the guy away, that is a different story (see Nick Saban). Can you imagine all of the crap members of Volnation would catch from Auburn fans ONLY because we hired Malzahn? There is no reason that The University of Tennessee should ever consider hiring a coach that was fired for on field production. Well, maybe if the Patriots went 1-15 due to circumstances unrelated to Darth Belichick, I'd be cool with that. Our hiring process is done. We don't have to hear crap from Aurbun fans. 'nuf said.

Gus is a retread. He had 1 great year at Auburn.........with more talent than just about every school in the country. Overrated coach!

He did beat Nick Satan three times and won 8-10 games every season.
Beating Bama is great, but he wasted talent and never lived up to the hype. JMO.

He was always on the “hot seat” and the Bama wins kept him there longer.......I get that, but Auburn should be better than 8 wins.

The great irony of this thread is that Kevin Steele saved Malzahn’s ass more than a few times making Gus look much more attractive than he actually is. Show me a good QB he’s had other than any transfers that have come along since he was OC with Cam. He nearly won a BCS title based on 2 of the luckiest plays I’ve ever seen in the history of college football. His record vs Saban is hard to ignore, but for every one of those wins there was an inexplicable loss against Minnesota.

VN Store

Back