Uber after night game at Neyland

Neyland Law Vol

Has anyone had any luck catching an Uber after a night game in Neyland? I’m coming in from Charleston with others and won’t have a car after the game to get where I’m staying.

Thanks for any advice.

I’m concerned that it is impossible to find an Uber after a late game ( maybe 30 to 45 min after the game ends?). Anyone have any luck?

There are Uber and Lyft working into the early am.

Can't comment on whether there is enough of a supply versus the demand after a game.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Traffic after games is a nightmare for a few hours.

Finding a driver to brave the mess around campus shortly after a game might be an issue.

Perhaps head to the strip or hoof it to Old Town for a late night snack or libation. After a few hours, traffic should have settled down and you should have no issues getting an Uber or at worst just get a normal taxi.

Traffic after games is a nightmare for a few hours.

Finding a driver to brave the mess around campus shortly after a game might be an issue.

Perhaps head to the strip or hoof it to Old Town for a late night snack or libation. After a few hours, traffic should have settled down and you should have no issues getting an Uber or at worst just get a normal taxi.
Thanks. Yeah. I'm willing to wait for an hour or so if needed. Hoping some others have been able to do it before.

Has anyone had any luck catching an Uber after a night game in Neyland? I’m coming in from Charleston with others and won’t have a car after the game to get where I’m staying.

Thanks for any advice.

We had no trouble with traffic during ETSU game.

Have you thought about a convential cab service? (They do exist).

I’m concerned that it is impossible to find an Uber after a late game ( maybe 30 to 45 min after the game ends?). Anyone have any luck?
Called UT police to ask about Uber getting on campus after game cause I am not supposed to drive at night they said Uber would not be allowed back on campus until 2 hours after game cause they have all traffic headed out and roads blocked headed in. They are supposed to pick you up on volunteer Blvd east in front of claxton education building which is 1122 volunteer Blvd. That is where I would have to meet them since I am on a mobility scooter due to fractured ankle.

Awesome comments guys. Good to hear that others have done it before. Hope it’s a win and we’ll all be celebrating afterwards!

Called UT police to ask about Uber getting on campus after game cause I am not supposed to drive at night they said Uber would not be allowed back on campus until 2 hours after game cause they have all traffic headed out and roads blocked headed in. They are supposed to pick you up on volunteer Blvd east in front of claxton education building which is 1122 volunteer Blvd. That is where I would have to meet them since I am on a mobility scooter due to fractured ankle.

Would have never occured to me to do that. Pretty smart.

If youre a student (or look young), doesnt UT have a drunk bus?

Has anyone considered walking to the bars? #old guy out.

Head to Cool Beans for a drink, which will probably take a few hours if I remember correctly or find a shuttle service and uber before the game to that particular lot that the bus leaves from.

Head to Cool Beans for a drink, which will probably take a few hours if I remember correctly or find a shuttle service and uber before the game to that particular lot that the bus leaves from.

Damn that place is still open?

What was the name of that joint that essentially served keg beer? It was like a back porch, screened in. Ha! Campus Pub? The only purpose of that place was to get coeds **** faced.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It's an unimaginable hellscape, that said, if you walked downtown you'd probably be able to get one with minimal traffic issues. Surge prices will be in effect though.

The time of day doesn't matter. You can get an Uber easily until 3AM. The problem is access to the stadium immediately after the game. Even Cumberland Ave is a nightmare for a while. If you will walk about 2 blocks up to at least Clinch, the driver can get to you much more easily.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Depending on where you are staying, many hotels/motels offer shuttles and are usually glad to add others to empty seats.

The uber spikes can be in the 6x-10x from what I've seen before after 330 and 7 pm games, just a heads up.

I once thumbed a ride after a night game from a Memphis to Nashville. Wear your orange, find a place on Kingston Pike and put that thumb out. Vol fans will take care of you.

Reactions: VOLinPD
I don't know if this helps but KAT runs shuttles all over Knoxville to the game. They are fun because you are on with a bunch of other fans and gets you in and out pretty easily. I live in Farragut so I have used the Farragut High School (Go Admirals!) one before and it was crazy convenient. Here are the pick up/drop off points:

Routes

KAT Football Shuttles run to Neyland Stadium from the following locations:

Route 51A: Civic Coliseum

Fee: $10 round-trip per person. Additional charge for parking.
Shuttles run continuously beginning 3 hours before kickoff. Wristbands are available at the Civic Coliseum beginning 3 hours before kickoff. Service back to the Civic Coliseum starts at the beginning of the 4th quarter and continues for approximately 60 minutes after the game.

Route 51D: Old City

Fee: $10 round-trip per person. Additional charge for parking.
Shuttles depart from 200 E Jackson Avenue (in front of Barley's) beginning 3 hours before kickoff and run continuously until game time. Wristbands are available at the departure point beginning 3 hours before kickoff. Return service starts at the beginning of the 4th quarter and continues for approximately 60 minutes after the game.

Route 51E: Market Square / Krutch Park

Fee: $10 round-trip per person. No charge for parking at State Street or Market Square Garages. Additional charge for parking in other locations.
Shuttles depart from Krutch Park on Clinch Avenue beginning 3 hours prior to kickoff and running continuously until game time. Wristbands are available at the departure point beginning 3 hours before kickoff. Return service starts at the beginning of the 4th quarter and continues for approximately 60 minutes after the game.

Route 51C: Farragut High Parking Lot

Fee: $20 round-trip per person. No charge for parking.
Shuttles begin 3 hours before kickoff and leave approximately every 20 minutes. Final trip departs from Farragut High School 1 hour before kickoff. Wristbands are available at Farragut High School beginning 3 hours before kickoff. Return service starts at the beginning of 4th quarter and continues for approximately 60 minutes after the game.

VN Store

Back