UAB AD and VFL Mark Ingram qualified to replace Fulmer when he retires

Don’t see Ingram as best L S at UT. Morgan Cox has been in NFL since 2010. Ingram didn’t get a tru out on NFL

The best log snapper at UT! Great dude!

giphy.gif

The job Ingram has done as UAB’s AD with experience working at UT, Georgia, Missouri and Temple would likely be a front runner to replace his former head coach as UT’s AD.

UAB AD, VFL Mark Ingram discusses Blazers' championship resurrection
I agree. Mark is a very intelligent person and has received great training and experience at his at hi s previous locations. He reestaglishd the football program at UBA after it had been eliminated by a previous administration and has brought UBA's football back to a championship in its Conference in only just over two years. other sorts programs have also done well. He has been able to raise millions of $ to help fund his programs. He is honest ,but agressive in his relationship with his coaches alumni, administration and his players. I expect Fulmer to remain for another 6-8 years and would welcome to see Mark to get serious consideration for the job when it becomes available.

I wonder if Fulmer has any thoughts of ever retiring. About 20 years ago someone once asked Willie Nelson when he was going to retire. He said "all I do is play music and play golf, so what am I going to give up?". Fulmer came back because he loves Tennessee more than any other person alive. So, why would he want to retire? He gets to run around most of the time, watching practices and games for all the sports UT offers so, what would he give up? From the start I've seen, I don't know why anyone would want him to ever retire.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I think Ive heard Fulmer say about 4-5 yrs. I dont see him going another 8-10. I think when football gets competitive again in the SEC, you'll see him step aside.

I wonder if Fulmer has any thoughts of ever retiring. About 20 years ago someone once asked Willie Nelson when he was going to retire. He said "all I do is play music and play golf, so what am I going to give up?". Fulmer came back because he loves Tennessee more than any other person alive. So, why would he want to retire? He gets to run around most of the time, watching practices and games for all the sports UT offers so, what would he give up? From the start I've seen, I don't know why anyone would want him to ever retire.
He clamored for this job almost a decade. He ain’t quitting in half that.

Reactions: lynnh

I think Willie said "All I do is play music and smoke the greens". I'm not sure he was referring to golf.....

Shoot, Fulmer is going to milk this AD position for as long as he can.

What about Blackburn???
He’ll never do. Was way too invested in the Athletic Department’s health, wanted to win, defended Fulmer way too much when the money men wanted him fired, told the truth 1-2 times to many......completely unqualified for UT’s job.

If the “powers that be” thought for one split second that they could fire Fulmer today before the close of business, they’d schedule a presser and do it here in the next 2 hours.

He’ll never do. Was way too invested in the Athletic Department’s health, wanted to win, defended Fulmer way too much when the money men wanted him fired, told the truth 1-2 times to many......completely unqualified for UT’s job.

If the “powers that be” thought for one split second that they could fire Fulmer today before the close of business, they’d schedule a presser and do it here in the next 2 hours.

Literally not a single person in power, employee or donor, thinks this. Not one.

He's retired anyway.

Good grief let the man stay and do his job, we can talk about AD's when the time comes and it isn't anytime soon. GBO and keep it up Phil!

VN Store

Back