U17 USA basketball

In the semi final game, against Canada, several players holding offers from TN had good games. The U.S. won 87 to 57 and will play in the finals against Spain.

2024 Jaloni Cambridge had 10 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals in 21 minutes.

2024 Morgan Cheli scored 10 points and had 4 steals in 20 minutes.

2023 Madison Booker had 7 points, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 3 rebounds in 19 minutes.

2023 Jadyn Donovan had 10 points, 3 rebounds, and two steals in 20 minutes.

The finals will be today (Sunday).

Last edited:
Jaloni should have been awarded the most outstanding player of the tournament. That award was given to Watkins, who only had 1 good game (and that was in a 74 point win versus Japan).
Jaloni was the best player on the USA squad in this tourney and it wasn't even close. She is the ultimate point guard. The team that gets her will be elite at that position.

Jaloni was the best player on the USA squad in this tourney and it wasn't even close. She is the ultimate point guard. The team that gets her will be elite at that position.
Velez may have something to say about this...imho

Last edited:
I'm confused Jumper - Cambridge is definitely an elite guard (rated #2 in 24) and IMO the MVP for the US -17 team

I'm confused Jumper - Cambridge is definitely an elite guard (rated #2 in 24) and IMO the MVP for the US -17 team
we now have Jordan Horston, Jordan W, Brooklynn M, Jasmine Powell and potentially Angelica Velez...Our need now is a back to the basket center...We are loaded at PF/SF/F too....we've got two long range gunners...all I want now is the best back to the basket Center we can get to step into Tamari's shoes

this IS NOT to say I don't want Jaloni,,,but I feel Velez is = or better. The good news is we have plenty of wiggle room
recruiting depth chart.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PRG
Velez is a terrific point guard no way she has the speed and ability of Cambridge. She is the best point guard in the 2024 class and the best point guard I've seen in a while. I hope we get Velez but she is a step or two below Cambridge JMO.

Velez has a college ready body,,,but,,,we've got room for both ;o)

Last edited:
we now have Jordan Horston, Jordan W, Brooklynn M, Jasmine Powell and potentially Angelica Velez...Our need now is a back to the basket center...We are loaded at PF/SF/F too....we've got two long range gunners...all I want now is the best back to the basket Center we can get to step into Tamari's shoes

this IS NOT to say I don't want Jaloni,,,but I feel Velez is = or better. The good news is we have plenty of wiggle room
View attachment 474854

Jaloni is ahead of Velez on offense but Velez is a real pest on defense! Jaloni’s cross over and step back three is a thing of beauty . Hard to guard her from a straight up triple threat position ! Velez will be playing with better athletes than Jaloni during the regular season …. Unless her school does something different, I would not be surprised to see Jaloni move to a more competitive school like Mount Verdie in Florida? Velez is not a commit yet but I would be elated with her and Rosario ! Then one more commit from any other players on our list …. If we got 4 in 23 it would put us in a top five class!
Hard to determine our roster after this year with Powell’s considerations for another year and Suarez COULD be playing her Freshman year this year ? Agree with Jaloni and Velez playing together….. What a back court that would be !
One can only dream …. 🤔

Reactions: LadyVol1908
No comparison
Cambridge is a much better PG, best PG in 2024 or 2023 class PERIOD and has a way better attitude. Valez has a nasty attitude

Have you seen her play ? I am surprised if she has a nasty attitude that she is even being recruited by this staff because they don't seem to play.

That brings me to is it a nasty attitude (disrespectful, she cusses, gets in fights) or does she play with an edge like she is from NY?

No comparison
Cambridge is a much better PG, best PG in 2024 or 2023 class PERIOD and has a way better attitude. Valez has a nasty attitude

uncool
do you know her?

Her coach speaks highly of her
she does not have a bad attitude, in fact she has a very good desire to learn and grow
totally uncool

Have you seen her play ? I am surprised if she has a nasty attitude that she is even being recruited by this staff because they don't seem to play.

That brings me to is it a nasty attitude (disrespectful, she cusses, gets in fights) or does she play with an edge like she is from NY?
Yes I have watched her play many times. She is a good player dont get me wrong, not as much of a game changing PG as Cambridge but a good over all PG. I'm not trying to be "uncool" or disrespectful towards her it's just simply an opinion based on what I've seen.
Maybe it is her NY attitude that comes off the wrong way but it definitely does come off as cocky and nasty at times. Mouthing players, stepping over them on the floor, getting in their faces.
Some may like that.... I don't

uncool
do you know her?

Her coach speaks highly of her
she does not have a bad attitude, in fact she has a very good desire to learn and grow
totally uncool[/QUOTE
Coach i do not know her personally. I have watched her many times live and its just an opinion based on what I saw. No disrespect or trying to be uncool about her it's simply an opinion.
I have watched her mouth players, walk over players on the floor staring them down, getting all up in faces and mouthing.
Like I said in an earlier post maybe it's her NY attitude but it comes across as cocky and nasty at times. Other than that she is a good player and good PG

Yes I have watched her play many times. She is a good player dont get me wrong, not as much of a game changing PG as Cambridge but a good over all PG. I'm not trying to be "uncool" or disrespectful towards her it's just simply an opinion based on what I've seen.
Maybe it is her NY attitude that comes off the wrong way but it definitely does come off as cocky and nasty at times. Mouthing players, stepping over them on the floor, getting in their faces.

On the other hand, I have spoken with her coach personally and she has said nothing about anything like you have stated.

I want a PG with a little spunk. It is what has been missing for the LVs for quite a while. Jordan W has it, Brooklynn Miles has it (I think Jasmine Powell will have it) and I know Velez has it bc she has said in her videos that she wants to be a coach on the floor....Kelly Jollie Harper had that character trait as did Kara Lawson. Both would get into the grill of anyone half-assing it on the court. When you say someone has a "bad attitude" that is disrespectful unless you can point to a legitimate reason.

I defend these kids CP3. Been accused of being their white knight for years. And will continue to do so. Especially if it is a kid I have personal knowledge of. Coach Sam and the other staff has been to MANY of her games. I know this to be a fact. If her attitude was ever in question, her games would not have been consistently attended.

She's a good kid. Heart of gold, tough as nails and a floor general.
I stand by her.

Gotcha... I don't know the young lady but having been in education and sometimes coming across kids that had to be tough it's just different. I'm sure coming to college will be a reality check and hopefully she ends up with the right group of coaches that help her redirect that attitude. I love she has an edge though.

I totally get not liking the edge but let's not forget Shannon Bobbitt came from a similar place and Pat had to reign her in LOL... she stated "She just be getting on me" 😂

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back