Tyler talks about returning to UT next season...

Screw that. I'll be pissed if he leaves. He's not ready to leave and we need him next year. I'm sick of this "I'll support him either way" garbage. TN could be a freakin awesome basketball team next especially the way they are gelling towards the end of this season. So we need Tyler back, we need a leader. Him and Wayne could take us to some serious places next year. Seriously.
P.S. Go Vols!

Dont you think that is a little selfish. NBA has guaranteed money. He may not make it or have much of a career but if he gets a big paycheck it may be what his family needs.

Of course, it's selfish. As a fan you want him back, but as a reasonable person you'd like to see him succeed and do what's best for him and his family. I just think he ends up leaving.

He can improve better next season. He needs to go this season though. This is the weakest the draft has been or will be for awhile.

This year. Next year. I'm not sure it matters when he goes pro. I have a hard time seeing Tyler get drafted. Remember, there are only two rounds in the NBA draft ... and there is a lot of competition for those spots (both from NCAA and international players).

And isn't Tyler already 24? And it's not like he's tearing up the league. And he's a small 4, or a 3 with limited jump shooting ability and a suspect handle in the NBA. I just don't know. I see him getting a very late 2nd Round selection or making a team as a free agent.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I stand by my statement. Tyler is a good kid and who am I to tell him he can not go and earn a living. Not sure about you but I didn't like school and if someone had come too me and offered me $250k per year after my junior year, i would have been gone in a heart beat!

I would bet school is more fun for a star-athlete though. :hi:

But, he does have a kid, so who knows.

Wow, if Tyler stays, we will be ridiculous next year. That would most likely mean everyone returns along with Daniel West and Kenny Hall. Wow. Hopefully nobody does anything stupid to jepordize their careers with the Vols.

its realy funny about a month ago i started a thread talking about the possibilities fornext yera and i got completely bashed. i stated how the way tyler is playing theres a good chance he ma cme back, that nobody else leaves we gain kenny hall, and get back daniel west. this was about a month ago when this team didt look quite as good as they do now though. whether tyler goes or not i think will be decided on who all leaves this year and were he is prjected. i see him going early 2nd round unless UT makes a huge run and he tears it up. IMO i think he ends up staying and getting his degree and getting drafted next year. With that said think about it, the way this team is coming together, plus an off season spent together and practicing together, plus gaining daniel west, plus gaining keny hall, plus gaining josh bone(who may not see many minutes but provides depth at pg and an outside threat and allows tabb to go back to a 2 guard). this team could be very dangerous nxt year whether or not tyler returns but if he does, look out you wouldthink we would defenitely be one of the pre season favorites

its realy funny about a month ago i started a thread talking about the possibilities fornext yera and i got completely bashed. i stated how the way tyler is playing theres a good chance he ma cme back, that nobody else leaves we gain kenny hall, and get back daniel west. this was about a month ago when this team didt look quite as good as they do now though. whether tyler goes or not i think will be decided on who all leaves this year and were he is prjected. i see him going early 2nd round unless UT makes a huge run and he tears it up. IMO i think he ends up staying and getting his degree and getting drafted next year. With that said think about it, the way this team is coming together, plus an off season spent together and practicing together, plus gaining daniel west, plus gaining keny hall, plus gaining josh bone(who may not see many minutes but provides depth at pg and an outside threat and allows tabb to go back to a 2 guard). this team could be very dangerous nxt year whether or not tyler returns but if he does, look out you wouldthink we would defenitely be one of the pre season favorites

That's because it's a total surprise and no one in their right mind would expect him to be 50/50 at this point.

The only reason he won't leave is because he wants to stay for his team and play his senior year. He CANNOT improve his draft stock - he is about 6 years removed from high school - you are NOT going to change your game now if you haven't already.

So stop acting like you actually knew anything special here.

i never onced claimed to know anythingspecial i stated IMO he would return for his senior year. i stated that he could improve his stock, and that also next years possibilities would be very high. i agree he probably wont be able to improve his stock muc, if he does it will be minimal. as he said tough, you only go through cllege once and the possibilities next year and very high. both the reasons are obvious reasons tha would attract somene t return to school for their senior year. i didnt feel that i needed to state te obvious. in either regard, i stated IMO he would return, if he does i am correct. As simple as that.

That's because it's a total surprise and no one in their right mind would expect him to be 50/50 at this point.

The only reason he won't leave is because he wants to stay for his team and play his senior year. He CANNOT improve his draft stock - he is about 6 years removed from high school - you are NOT going to change your game now if you haven't already.

^ This

Of course he can improve his draft stock.A quicker release on his outside shot, a more consistent outside shot, and showing the ability to handle the ball all over the court are only three things that Tyler could do to improve.

With that being said, I do believe it is more about the players he will be up against in the draft. Whatever he decides, I'll be cheering for him.

Hey Bruno, Tyler's senior year in high school was 2005. I'd say he is 4 years out of high school

I think Tyler would gain a lot from staying one more year. If he can work extremely hard during the offseason and develop a good mid-range and fair 3 pt shot then he'll help us go very deep in the tourney and be an NBA player and be drafted in next years draft. But only he knows what is going on in his life and what he can do. I wish him the best with everything. Go Vols!!!!

Of course he can improve his draft stock.A quicker release on his outside shot, a more consistent outside shot, and showing the ability to handle the ball all over the court are only three things that Tyler could do to improve.

With that being said, I do believe it is more about the players he will be up against in the draft. Whatever he decides, I'll be cheering for him.

Hey Bruno, Tyler's senior year in high school was 2005. I'd say he is 4 years out of high school

He's 5 years out of high school. I keeping forgetting he did not have to sit out a year for the transfer to here from Iowa.

And YES there are things he can do to improve - but that's not the point. The point is don't you think he's been told that already? The point is this is just as good as he's going to get when it comes to skill level. Consistency is the only thing he can improve on at this point - players have a limit believe it or not. It's not like Tyler is a Brian Williams or an E-man who haven't been playing basketball for a long time.

tyler is only 22 years old if he decides to stay he will be only 23 when he gets drafted so i dont think scouts will look at his age as a problem al throrton from fsu got drafted in the first round and he was 25... i think he stays unless he gets a first round grade

He's 5 years out of high school. I keeping forgetting he did not have to sit out a year for the transfer to here from Iowa.

And YES there are things he can do to improve - but that's not the point. The point is don't you think he's been told that already? The point is this is just as good as he's going to get when it comes to skill level. Consistency is the only thing he can improve on at this point - players have a limit believe it or not. It's not like Tyler is a Brian Williams or an E-man who haven't been playing basketball for a long time.
You're right. Most people forget that he spent a year in prep school after HS. 1yr. prep, 1 yr. Iowa, 2 yrs. (possibly 3) at UT.

it looks as if Chism is also now contemplating on going pro. Article at GoVolsXtra.

That was evident last year after he tested the waters (can only do that once and return). He wouldn't be smart to leave... but wouldn't surprise me one bit since he actually tested his stock last year.

tyler is only 22 years old if he decides to stay he will be only 23 when he gets drafted so i dont think scouts will look at his age as a problem al throrton from fsu got drafted in the first round and he was 25... i think he stays unless he gets a first round grade

Both Tyler and Wayne can't even get a grade without declaring. They've both checked once, and if you check again you have to go.

Screw that. I'll be pissed if he leaves. He's not ready to leave and we need him next year. I'm sick of this "I'll support him either way" garbage. TN could be a freakin awesome basketball team next especially the way they are gelling towards the end of this season. So we need Tyler back, we need a leader. Him and Wayne could take us to some serious places next year. Seriously.
P.S. Go Vols!

No way. If he's a first-round pick, that means he's a guaranteed millionaire before he ever plays a single game in the NBA. Given his family's circumstances, he can't afford to walk away from that. He comes back to UT next year and gets hurt, the money's gone.

But if he's not projected as a first-rounder and comes back to UT, that will be great.

VN Store

Back