Tyler talks about returning to UT next season...

If he can go first round he needs to go. Although I wouldn't be upset if he stayed.

IMO it's the smartest thing to do his stock won't drop and I could only think next year his numbers will be so much better he really needs to develop his outside shooting

as much as I love him, he's probably not a 1st round pick IMO.

However, one thing in his favor is that there aren't that many freshman leaning toward NBA ball after this season.

That will help his draft status a lot. Greg Monroe and a few others will leave early, but it won't be another year like last season.

I think he will ultimately come back to school. His future is going to be dependent upon him developing more of an outside game (like he's done this year, but better).

Chism will also come back.

So, Tyler calls his coach BP? Interesting. Unless he goes haywire in the SEC tourney and NCAAs, I think he would benefit from another year to raise his stock.

Most everyone on the staff calls Pearl that, and that's how he is referenced in casual conversation.

I'm sure it's different in person -- it is for me

IMO it's the smartest thing to do his stock won't drop and I could only think next year his numbers will be so much better he really needs to develop his outside shooting

The draft will be much better next year. He's best to leave now - I want him back but that's selfish. I don't see his game improving that much to warrant it.

Most everyone on the staff calls Pearl that, and that's how he is referenced in casual conversation.

I'm sure it's different in person -- it is for me
Tyler isn't on staff now is he? Seems like a respect thing to me.

The draft will be much better next year. He's best to leave now - I want him back but that's selfish. I don't see his game improving that much to warrant it.

The draft will be stronger next year, but not nearly as strong as it will be in '10. Tyler wouldn't lose much if he stayed and could gain a lot. However, I will respect whatever he decides to do.

i feel bad just thinking about him coming back, especially after the drama of his decision last year. it would be great to have him back, just great. i'm glad he was a Vol for 2 years though, and hope he has NBA success if/when he does move on

I, along with most of us, would love to see Tyler play with the younger guys having a year of experience under their belts next year. His game has certainly been forced to develop (esp. from outside), which will help him immensely in the bigs.

i hope he stays and it would benefit him if he would...but if he leaves we'll miss him

Sounds like something he should say at this point in the season. He's 100% focused on this year's team right now and is not worrying about what happens after the last game of the season yet. I hope he goes for it. Our team will suck next year for it, but he's a good person and I want to see him make the money he deserves.

The right thing for Tyler to do is take the money and run.

If he stayed, though, this team + Daniel West could make a Final Four run next year. Seriously.

Screw that. I'll be pissed if he leaves. He's not ready to leave and we need him next year. I'm sick of this "I'll support him either way" garbage. TN could be a freakin awesome basketball team next especially the way they are gelling towards the end of this season. So we need Tyler back, we need a leader. Him and Wayne could take us to some serious places next year. Seriously.
P.S. Go Vols!

Screw that. I'll be pissed if he leaves. He's not ready to leave and we need him next year. I'm sick of this "I'll support him either way" garbage. TN could be a freakin awesome basketball team next especially the way they are gelling towards the end of this season. So we need Tyler back, we need a leader. Him and Wayne could take us to some serious places next year. Seriously.
P.S. Go Vols!

P.S. Go Vols!

He's a young guy with a kid to look out for. I have no idea what his family's financial situation is, but right now he's playing for free, and it's not like coming back for another year is going to turn him into a lottery pick or something. It doesn't matter whether he's "ready" or not; if he's projected to go high enough, then the rational thing for him to do is to take the money while it's sitting there on the table. He could get hurt; he could have a bad year. You never know.

It's easy to sit there and talk about how supporting him either way is "garbage" when it's not your money that's on the line. If someone told you that Tennessee had a 10% chance of going to the Final Four next year, but that in order to get just that 10% chance, you had to accept another 10% chance of losing 95% of your own total projected lifetime earnings -- would you take it?

Last edited:
I love Tyler and everything he's done for our program but there is absolutely no way he's a first round pick after the season he's had. His stock was actually higher at the end of last season.

Unless he just lights it up in the SEC and NCAA tourney, I think he should come back...and I'm saying that with his best interest at heart.

P.S. Go Vols!

I stand by my statement. Tyler is a good kid and who am I to tell him he can not go and earn a living. Not sure about you but I didn't like school and if someone had come too me and offered me $250k per year after my junior year, i would have been gone in a heart beat!

I think we all know he is way better with good guard play, that has been obvious after this year. I do not think he is a first round pick this year or next, but he will be a solid 3 man in the NBA.

I think the fact that this is the weakest draft in years will lead him to decide to leave...whether thats a good reason or not who knows.

VN Store

Back