Tyler Bray's time to shine

Okay, I admit I didn't watch the MNF game so I'm in the dark here a little.
So, did Bray pass Trubisky on the depth chart? Also, did he go 1 for 5 in his time playing last night?

I hope he does well ... it'd be fun to see.

Bears have a bye this week. Trubisky has a shoulder injury, but even if hes back next week, Bray would be only 1 snap away. Good for him for sticking it out. But Backup QB is a pretty good gig. I read on here last night Bray has already made like $1.5M.

Okay, I admit I didn't watch the MNF game so I'm in the dark here a little.
So, did Bray pass Trubisky on the depth chart? Also, did he go 1 for 5 in his time playing last night?

I hope he does well ... it'd be fun to see.
I
Saw headlines last night the Bears will go to Trubisky even thought Bray played last night.

If he'd had decent coaching to help him work thru his reads, he'd have been a solid draft pick. He's done well for himself as an UFA, but lousy coaching cost him a few million bucks.

It may have cost him a few million, but he will retire a millionaire and have an intact body for the rest of his life to enjoy it with. Hidden blessings.

Looks like Nick Foles may be out for the season. It's Tyler Bray time in Chicago. I hope he makes the most of the opportunity. Some of the throws he made last night proves he still has a cannon for an arm. Would kill to have him in orange one more year.

Unfortunately last night he showed the accuracy of a medieval cannon. But it's hard to come in at the very end and do well. Hopefully he gets a chance down the road to show what he can do.

Unfortunately last night he showed the accuracy of a medieval cannon. But it's hard to come in at the very end and do well. Hopefully he gets a chance down the road to show what he can do.

Pretty much this. I didn't expect much but I was hoping he'd at least get a shot to throw one in the endzone. If he had hit one of those quick out routes he probably would have.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Matt Nagy obviously likes Bray. He brought Bray on from KC when he left to become HC at Chicago. Bray's one outing in KC was also Mahomes's first game. Bray came in late, played poorly, and Mahomes had to come back in. It wasn't pretty. But of course that was one game. Everyone has had bad games. TB12 has looked awful in many games. I hope Nagy gives Bray a real chance. He could make a Nick Foles like run or some such and make some real money somewhere next year. I'm not saying he could be the next big thing but starting in the NFL for a season or two would be super cool.

He's got the arm. We'll see. Right now its looking like neither Trubisky nor Foles is the answer, so you are probably drafting someone next year or signing Fitzpatrick to tread water for another year or so. So why not trot Bray out and see how he does? If he's good - great. If he flops - better draft pick.

Matt Nagy obviously likes Bray. He brought Bray on from KC when he left to become HC at Chicago. Bray's one outing in KC was also Mahomes's first game. Bray came in late, played poorly, and Mahomes had to come back in. It wasn't pretty. But of course that was one game. Everyone has had bad games. TB12 has looked awful in many games. I hope Nagy gives Bray a real chance. He could make a Nick Foles like run or some such and make some real money somewhere next year. I'm not saying he could be the next big thing but starting in the NFL for a season or two would be super cool.

He's got the arm. We'll see. Right now its looking like neither Trubisky nor Foles is the answer, so you are probably drafting someone next year or signing Fitzpatrick to tread water for another year or so. So why not trot Bray out and see how he does? If he's good - great. If he flops - better draft pick.
Fitzpatrick and Hoyer should have NFL documentries on how to make millions as a garbage QB

If he'd had decent coaching to help him work thru his reads, he'd have been a solid draft pick. He's done well for himself as an UFA, but lousy coaching cost him a few million bucks.
Going through his reads wasn't a problem. You can see him throwing to his 2nd and 3rd WR regularly in his highlights. And before you cry, "those were highlights though" I'll admit that I'm not going to take the time to back and watch games from 10 years ago to prove my point. Our offense was amazing when Bray was here.

Having the worst defense in school history on his sideline was the problem.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Looks like Nick Foles may be out for the season. It's Tyler Bray time in Chicago. I hope he makes the most of the opportunity. Some of the throws he made last night proves he still has a cannon for an arm. Would kill to have him in orange one more year.
Mitchell Tribiskey will be activated back to current roster snd Bray may end up being the back up still!!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
If Tyler starts. I'm picking the opposing defense on draftings fantasy lineup.. And putting $1000 bucks on the opposing team.

VN Store

Back