Tyler Bray re-signs with the Bears

I went back a few months ago and looked at Bray's last year and we averaged around 32 points per game.....Scored over 35-40 a few times. Scored 48 (forty eight) against Missouri............................and LOST!! Scored 44 against UGA and lost...... scored 31 against Miss State and lost....scored 35 against USCe and lost....

People forget this. We could hang 30 to 40 points on anyone his senior year. With just an average SEC defense we would have won the East and been a top 10 team. Our defense was absolutely terrible. I have never in 43 years of life seen a UT defense that inept. Couldnt stop the run or the pass, rarely could even slow them down. Killed Sunseris career, as it should have. Relegated to position coach for life after that debacle.

Bray had a fantastic arm and was accurate as all get out, BUT when he was in a challenging situation or in a big game he crumbled everytime. Granted the defense cost him a bunch of wins, because he done more than enough to win games but in crucial moments he choked.

He wasn’t very accurate at all really. His career completion % is 58. Bray had a big arm and that’s it.

Not giving you heat but I witnessed Tony Robinson in his prime. Phenomenal arm talent and the best I've seen at UT.

Manning, Shuler, Martin, Holloway, Dobbs, Clausen, Ainge, and Kelly were all as good or better quarterbacks than Tony Robinson. Robinson was good but his inconsistency was a problem. He had a big arm but was careless with the ball occasionally. He was another one of those QBs that when he played the band was gonna be playing, you just hoped it would be your's.

I hate he was not able to play out his Sr year, we will never know how great he could have been. He's in the conversation for sure, but I'd take any of the ones listed above over him. It's an opinion.

VN Store

Back