Tyler Baron to Louisville?

Louisville has signed 25 portal players! How can they have any kind of continuity and leadership? It will be interesting to see this strategy play out.

Reactions: VOLociraptorr
Louisville has signed 25 portal players! How can they have any kind of continuity and leadership? It will be interesting to see this strategy play out.
Same thing they did last year in Brohm’s first season. Worked out okay, they won more games than we did.

But in Baron’s case… going from SEC ball to Louisville is a disservice to his development.

We didn’t force him out. But don’t think we made any real effort to keep him, once he made his intentions known.
You’re right… he’s done this every year. I don’t feel bad. Go play for a team nobody cares about at all.

I would say you are right, but they were doing this fancy talk to these young impressionable guys and talking fast and throwing numbers at them and pushing papers up for them to sign. Then when the dust settled and they got somebody smart to look at what they signed, they realized they had been Kiffened. The rubber just never hit the road.
“Kiffened”. 😂 I believe you’ve coined a new verb. I firmly believe it’s one reason why Bama never considered hiring him to replace Saban. Just couldn’t stomach his antics.

I have no idea why or even IF this happened BUT Ole Miss had so many transfers that were needing paid…the money (especially if you’re Ole Miss) probably ran out🤷‍♂️. Now that is CLEARLY a guess…and probably a highly uneducated one to boot. Louisville definitely could use some help.
Louisville went 10-4 this year with a first year head coach....they aren't nothing. Brohm's got them heading upwards.

Louisville went 10-4 this year with a first year head coach....they aren't nothing. Brohm's got them heading upwards.
Yeah they did have a good run …but they had them at #10 I believe at one time and talking playoffs….the two games I saw…they looked extremely mediocre. Having them even close to the top 10 was picking cotton way over their heads. Brohm still needs a big haul in the portal. I’d imagine Ole Miss will be MUCH stronger than Louisville next year.

Reactions: VAVol85
Nobody… and I mean nobody, takes Louisville seriously. That’s a huge step down.

Where is his half brother or whatever Wesley Walker going?

Nobody… and I mean nobody, takes Louisville seriously. That’s a huge step down.

Where is his half brother or whatever Wesley Walker going?
Ummmm….Louisville

You think there might be something to that?

I really don't get it a local guy could have had all kinds of great Knoxville/Tennessee connections and you go to another City you're last year. Louisville will be like me on 1-year players we hardly knew you I think leaving a program can burn some valuable bridges because I just don't think he's an NFLer and not sure of his major but never helps to burn those bridges.
He is likely not getting drafted. He has one year left to earn $$ in his football career. He who pays the most gets him. His draft grade shows him as a UFA, so going to another program also could give that a boost if they use him differently or something that ups his performance and draft ability. He played hard here, got his degree, and I’m not going to hate on him. I wish he were here, but his career is on the last bits of sand. Gotta maximize while he can.

Family is a hot mess. I think that Pops might be getting employed by UL. They go where the $$$ are. Very short sighted, but that is how that family operates. Oh well, another player I won't remember in 365 days.

VN Store

Back