Tyler Baron excited about the new culture and 'mindset of the building'

kamoshika

..It’s taken a lot of work from Baron to get his body in the shape he can perform best at, which meant taking on a different routine. “To be honest, I feel pretty good,” Baron said on Tuesday. “I definitely added a little bit of weight, but with that, I got a lot stronger. I am up about twelve pounds and only [gained about] .2 percent body fat. So I am feeling really good and moving well. Just excited. When I got here, I was around 250. Now I am right around 265.”

...The emergence of his teammate Byron Young isn’t lost on Baron, either. Especially when it allows Tennessee to attack the opposing offense at multiple angles. But, for Tyler, it’s all about Young’s work ethic and not taking anything for granted. “I mean, you can ask anybody on the team, Byron Young has been the most effective person. He’s taken the biggest jump that I think I’ve ever seen, it’s very impressive, and I am excited to play across from him.” Baron added, “You guys will see, but he’s very, very impressive to watch, just as a specimen. He’s really piecing it together, and I am very excited for the season he’s going to have”.

...“Coach Banks allows us to play a lot faster,” Tennessee DL Tyler Baron said. “He gives us less thinking to do. I am really looking forward to it because he puts us in some really good situations in terms of where the LEO’s will be at. It allows us to move around in those one-on-one situations...I love it. Coach Banks [is] giving us the ability to have personality, put ourselves in a bunch of different situations, and show that we can do it. Whether that’s dropping in coverage or covering guys down the field or rushing off the edge or inside, he just puts us in different situations to show versatility.”

..."From this year to last year, you almost can’t even call this the same program, it’s a totally different mindset, and people are taking more advantage of everything. It’s going to be really positive...The biggest thing for me is the mindset of the team and the mindset of the building – When everyone is looking for how they can improve, more so than just getting through. Everybody’s determined, all the new guys are buying into the program, Coach Heupel is leading us in the right direction, and we’re just happy to follow”.
Tyler Baron Excited About The New Culture And "Mindset Of The Building" | Rocky Top Insider

Last edited:
You gotta love the enthusiasm coming from these interviews and reports.I love being back to those "Nothing is given,everything is earned"kind of days.No clue what they do on the field,but I guarantee this bunch won't lay down and quit like the last few years.You can just tell the drive of this team is different.

..It’s taken a lot of work from Baron to get his body in the shape he can perform best at, which meant taking on a different routine. “To be honest, I feel pretty good,” Baron said on Tuesday. “I definitely added a little bit of weight, but with that, I got a lot stronger. I am up about twelve pounds and only [gained about] .2 percent body fat. So I am feeling really good and moving well. Just excited. When I got here, I was around 250. Now I am right around 265.”

...The emergence of his teammate Byron Young isn’t lost on Baron, either. Especially when it allows Tennessee to attack the opposing offense at multiple angles. But, for Tyler, it’s all about Young’s work ethic and not taking anything for granted. “I mean, you can ask anybody on the team, Byron Young has been the most effective person. He’s taken the biggest jump that I think I’ve ever seen, it’s very impressive, and I am excited to play across from him.” Baron added, “You guys will see, but he’s very, very impressive to watch, just as a specimen. He’s really piecing it together, and I am very excited for the season he’s going to have”.

...“Coach Banks allows us to play a lot faster,” Tennessee DL Tyler Baron said. “He gives us less thinking to do. I am really looking forward to it because he puts us in some really good situations in terms of where the LEO’s will be at. It allows us to move around in those one-on-one situations...I love it. Coach Banks [is] giving us the ability to have personality, put ourselves in a bunch of different situations, and show that we can do it. Whether that’s dropping in coverage or covering guys down the field or rushing off the edge or inside, he just puts us in different situations to show versatility.”

..."From this year to last year, you almost can’t even call this the same program, it’s a totally different mindset, and people are taking more advantage of everything. It’s going to be really positive...The biggest thing for me is the mindset of the team and the mindset of the building – When everyone is looking for how they can improve, more so than just getting through. Everybody’s determined, all the new guys are buying into the program, Coach Heupel is leading us in the right direction, and we’re just happy to follow”.
What’s amazing to me about that comment is that Pruitt, on multiple occasions, stated that his defense was really simple and basic because he didn’t want players to have to think, just play fast.

"From this year to last year, you almost can’t even call this the same program, it’s a totally different mindset, and people are taking more advantage of everything. It’s going to be really positive...The biggest thing for me is the mindset of the team and the mindset of the building – When everyone is looking for how they can improve, more so than just getting through. Everybody’s determined, all the new guys are buying into the program, Coach Heupel is leading us in the right direction, and we’re just happy to follow”.
That is the truest statement for the mindset of that locker room last season. These players were so defeated and had given up on the last staff….they just were going through the motions. The talent we had was being wasted through poor coaching and cancerous attitudes. This is one reason the transfer portal ship jumpers is a positive thing.

1628329280891.gif

Reminds me of Brandon Boykin talking about going to the NFL and the Eagles defense being easier to learn and execute than Todd Grantham’s defense. JMO, but especially in college, just do a few things on either side of the ball, do them really well, and the wins will come.

Completely different mindset. Great to hear. Go Volunteers!!!!!!
I have said for years that "attitude" is the most important aspect of winning in sports. I think we are developing the "killer" attitude with this team. That can only result in improvement on both sides of the ball. Come on 2021 season!

Tyler Baron Excited About The New Culture And "Mindset Of The Building" | Rocky Top Insider

Love it! This is the kind of mindset amongst the current (i.e. remaining) players I was referring to. These guys want it and while that's not everything "it's not nothing!"

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I sure hope Baron picks up the pace and loses the lead he had in his shoes last year, he must improve his speed if he is to be a factor in UT’s defense or the SEC

I have said for years that "attitude" is the most important aspect of winning in sports. I think we are developing the "killer" attitude with this team. That can only result in improvement on both sides of the ball. Come on 2021 season!

V, it is one thing to say it. It is another to show it. We'll see.

VN Store

Back