Ty Chandler, LeMarcus Coker, Lavoisier Fisher

Amazing only like 4 or 5 on this list played at Tennessee

Nashville's next 50 greatest high school football players
I've thought for a long time, and gotten ripped here for it, that UT doesn't have quite the hold on the Nashville metro area like we think it does. Rural parts of Middle Tennessee (especially southern middle) yes, but not really Nashville itself.

I fear the impact we have there has only declined in recent times because we have sucked, and a ton of transplants live there now. A bunch of bandwagon Bammers live there too.

I've thought for a long time, and gotten ripped here for it, that UT doesn't have quite the hold on the Nashville metro area like we think it does. Rural parts of Middle Tennessee (especially southern middle) yes, but not really Nashville itself.

I fear the impact we have there has only declined in recent times because we have sucked, and a ton of transplants live there now. A bunch of bandwagon Bammers live there too.
There's a fix for that.

Mind you, it's not an easy fix. Will take a lot of work. But it's a sure thing.

Get back to winning championships.

Then we'll have any Tennessee high school stand-out we want.

Go Vols!

There's a fix for that.

Mind you, it's not an easy fix. Will take a lot of work. But it's a sure thing.

Get back to winning championships.

Then we'll have any Tennessee high school stand-out we want.

Go Vols!
And......it's going to take more than one or two good years. It;s going take 5-10 years of good to really good to change the narrative.

And......it's going to take more than one or two good years. It;s going take 5-10 years of good to really good to change the narrative.
You have to be good long enough so that, for example, an 8-year-old kid get attuned to UT, and by the time they are a great high school player ready to make a college decision, Tennessee is still good and they want to go there.

You have to be good long enough so that, for example, an 8-year-old kid get attuned to UT, and by the time they are a great high school player ready to make a college decision, Tennessee is still good and they want to go there.
exactly. What is really sad, not so much Metro Nashville and Memphis area, but nobody in the Knoxville area wants to go to UT (yea, yea) minus a select few

I think it may take several years to get back to winning championships.

But once we do get there, the payout will be immediate in recruiting, both in-state and beyond Tennessee.

So if Heupel is the right guy to get us back where we want to be, we could see it all play out over just four or five years.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Fulmer pretty much ignored instate talent and that has hurt for decades. Especially now that the talent is getting better.

Fulmer pretty much ignored instate talent and that has hurt for decades. Especially now that the talent is getting better.

Fulmer recruited hard in Tennessee . . . ask - Chad Clifton, Al Wilson, Jabari Greer, Will Hafenhusal(?), P. Harlson, etc., etc. Coaches recruit to the teams specific needs based upon roster, scheme and desired skill set.

GBO

Played for Bama, but list is incomplete without EJ Junior...

A consensus All-American and drafted #5 overall in the 1981 NFL draft..

That's just stupid to say...........

I don't understand why some of you people keep the myth of Fulmer going. He whiffed or didn't even try with some of the biggest names to come out of TN.

Sure he landed some instate talent but he let more than his share go elsewhere.

Reactions: Frozevol
I don't understand why some of you people keep the myth of Fulmer going. He whiffed or didn't even try with some of the biggest names to come out of TN.

Sure he landed some instate talent but he let more than his share go elsewhere.

Name a few he missed on over 16 years, and don't count all the players Bama bought. He certainly cherry-picked the best players from surrounding states.

VN Store

Back