'24 TX WR Micah Hudson

The 2024 five-star receiver from Temple, Texas, has talked openly about his interest in Ohio State - especially after Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave were first-round NFL Draft picks - and Hudson hopes to visit Columbus this season.

Trips to Ohio State, Tennessee, Florida and Clemson are on the wish list for Hudson, who’s also being heavily recruited by Texas A&M and others closer to home. The Aggies should be watched especially with a big season since College Station is just over an hour from home.
-Adam Gorney, Rivals
Recruiting Rumor Mill: Preseason camps ramp up

Recruiting Update: There are numerous teams involved but this could boil down to a decision between Texas A&M and Ohio State. The Aggies have made a real push early for the Temple (Texas) Lake Belton standout and that will be significant. But Micah Hudson has drawn comparison former Ohio State star receiver Garrett Wilson, also from Texas, so it will be something to watch. Texas Tech, Tennessee, Oregon and others are involved.

Gorney's Take: As a sophomore, Hudson led his team with 45 catches. No one else even had 20. He’s also utilized out of the backfield because of his playmaking ability. Hudson has all the tools at receiver whether it’s taking a short pass and running by people or blowing by cornerbacks on the outside for the deep ball and he has incredible balance to gain extra yards with the ball in his hands.
-Gorney, Rivals Rankings Week: Five-star countdown for 2024

Hudson, also the top-rated recruit out of the talent-laden Lone Star State, is coming off consecutive in-state visits to Texas and Texas A&M. The talented Temple (Texas) Lake Belton receiver is also high a trio of national powers out of state, including Ohio State, Clemson and Tennessee.

“They’ve been talking to me since back in track season, but now they’re talking to me and even the head coach texted me good luck tonight and I talk with Coach (Kelsey) Pope all the time, too,” Hudson said. “I’m also close with Coach (Aston) Walter and Coach (Max) Thurman are always on me, texting me and seeing how me and my family is doing.”

“They have another family sort of bond,” he continued. “It’s not just a get-away text. It’s let’s stay in touch, how are you, how’s your family, how’s school?”

“It’s not like they just started (to recruit me,” he said. “They’ve been doing this since before September 1.”
-On3, Elite 2024 WR Micah Hudson eyeing some big out-of-state visits this fall

Hoping to see our success this season really pay dividends on the recruiting trail for the 24 cycle. We certainly have the sauce right now
I think it will big time. We've had more recruits come to games this season than we would have had in 3 seasons under previous staffs, and a large percentage of them are from the '24 and '25 classes.

I think it will big time. We've had more recruits come to games this season than we would have had in 3 seasons under previous staffs, and a large percentage of them are from the '24 and '25 classes.
Man if Joe Milton gives us a solid year at the helm next year… the riches (recruiting) that are in place in such short time from stacking said classes (‘24 & ‘25) could be fun for all involved with vol football

VN Store

Back