'19 TX WR Isaiah Neyor

In one year Heupel took three WRs with very little production over their career and made them into guys that every defense had to worry about. Getting a proven WR in the portal would have been nice, but that's not going to come close to making or breaking the season.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
A “washed” coach who just got four WR’s drafted in the first round and had a true freshman AA last year with a couple of JAG’s throwing him the ball. Rag on Sark all you want as a head coach but he’s got a lot to sell to offensive skill positions.

Man, y'all gotta stop giving Bama assistants credit for what their players do. Sark is Texas' version of Pruitt.

Same. I know Texas has that big oil NIL money but we literally offered him two free cookies for every touchdown. He still walked away. Makes no sense.

Meh. I mean like stated by another I’m not worried about the WR position, but I am wondering about this kids process. Committed, was in the school directory and then is now headed to Texas….. it sounds weird to me, to be honest.

This one is really weird. The early reports were good vibes, and the the commitment fresh off the USC visit without ever having been to Knoxville… but even in that first commitment video, he just sort of seemed to lack conviction… did not give off great vibes and honestly not what I was expecting at all, but hey, he had just committed, etc.

Whatever, on to the next.

I'll panic in the year 2025. For now, we just need to give Heupel and staff space and time.

They are doing much better than I expected, honestly!

Look, I’ve been as optimistic as and as understanding of the limitations as anyone. I thought they did not good, but great, on ESD.

But they’re blowing it in the portal. There’s just no other way to say it.

Reactions: VolNash17
If he had gone somewhere else, then I understand a severe meltdown. But it's a home state school.

All we had to do is show him that our second leading receiver last year had the same number of receptions as Texas' leading receiver. If kids don't care, then that's on them. At some point, common sense comes into play.

Look, I’ve been as optimistic as and as understanding of the limitations as anyone. I thought they did not good, but great, on ESD.

But they’re blowing it in the portal. There’s just no other way to say it.
They’re in a numbers crunch due to the self imposed scholarship reductions. They have to be down to whatever number they agreed to by next week when spring classes start. We probably won’t be able to add anyone until after spring ball when more players transfer out.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Him committing out of the blue without visiting was fishy in the first place.

It sucks, but we got beat by a home state school and family who wanted him close to home. Sark also has great offenses and past receivers to sell too. I’m sure a good NIL deal is part of it too. What else could we have done?

And we don’t have traction in the portal because we have had to be super picky due to numbers. I know most don’t want to hear it, but Pruitt, Fulmer, and the administration has neutered our roster/portal ability due to self imposed scholarship reductions.

VN Store

Back