'22 TX TE Donovan Green

The 6-foot-4, 217-pound Green said the Vols recently have been trying to talk with him “every week,” and they have “a chance, for sure,” of being on his list of top college choices that he plans to announce on his birthday, Oct. 28. He added that he “might” make a trip to Tennessee in the coming months, sometime after the ongoing dead period for recruiting.

“I’m looking at that school,” said Green, who’s ranked the No. 73 overall prospect and No. 1 tight end in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “It’s another school that knows how to use the tight end, and it’s in a good place.”

Green, who has received offers from 38 schools, said he was impressed by his first look at Tennessee’s campus and facilities. “Everything was new — like, brand new,” he said. “I didn’t think it was going to be like that.”

Green’s parents also learned more about Tennessee in the process. “It was with my dad, and then my mom popped in, like, a few times because she was working at the time,” Green said. “(Osovet) walked us around most of their facilities, and he was telling us how the whole practice area is right next to the education center and right next to where the dorms are at. I didn’t know that before. It’s all, like, within walking distance — just a few minutes. “He walked us around the whole facility and showed us the (indoor) practice facility, the outdoor facility, the weight room. And we just talked to a few coaches and some of the people that help the athletes.”

Even before Friday’s virtual tour, Green said Osovet and some of Tennessee’s other coaches had been telling him “that it’s a good fit for me, since I’m a tight end and I’m unique in what I do.” “They said it would be a school that would make my play style shine and be used right, and that’d just be a good place to go,” Green said.

- Callahan

Could we be priotizing Green over Christian? Could be why he got an OSU CB.
From what I heard from others here from Austin Price, Green is a priority over r Christian at this point. Makes me think Christian will commit to the suckeyes and Tennessee will fight for Green until signing day. But a lot can happen in...what? 17 or 18 months?

FOUR-STAR TE DONOVAN GREEN

Green, a top-100 prospect nationally from Dickinson (Texas) High School, said Tennessee "was the first school to reach out" to him.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Green said first-year Tennessee tight ends coach Joe Osovet "hit me up at 12 a.m," and Osovet "told me I was a top priority for Tennessee." He said he later heard from Pruitt.

"He said, 'Let's get this thing rolling,'" Green said, recalling his message from Pruitt.

The Vols extended an offer to Green nearly six months ago and have stayed in frequent contact with him since then. He recently took a virtual tour of Tennessee’s campus that was led by Osovet, and Green said afterward that he “for sure” came away with more interest in the Vols.

Green, who has received offers from at least 40 schools, is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 88 overall prospect and No. 2 tight end in the 2022 class.

- Callahan

I know recruiting is a big deal but the only person that should text my son at midnight is me wondering why his ass ain’t home. I mean can they not push it the time coaches can text till like 7a.m?

I know recruiting is a big deal but the only person that should text my son at midnight is me wondering why his ass ain’t home. I mean can they not push it the time coaches can text till like 7a.m?
AP and Hubbs discussed this on their podcast today. 9/1 is a big deal to recruits and its a big deal to them to see which coaches reach out first.
The recruits also look to see which players received which graphic.

AP and Hubbs discussed this on their podcast today. 9/1 is a big deal to recruits and its a big deal to them to see which coaches reach out first.
The recruits also look to see which players received which graphic.
I know it’s a big deal and if I was a recruit I would like to see who reaches out first myself. I’m saying can’t the NCAA say something like you can’t reach out until at least seven in the morning. Coaches want these athletes taking care of themselves right? Then let them sleep and recover.

I know it’s a big deal and if I was a recruit I would like to see who reaches out first myself. I’m saying can’t the NCAA say something like you can’t reach out until at least seven in the morning. Coaches want these athletes taking care of themselves right? Then let them sleep and recover.
I understand, I wouldn't want to be contacted at midnight.

VN Store

Back