‘23 TX SDE David Hicks Jr

A&M's Defensive Line is gonna be something else, huh? Jeez

.... then again Clemson had a couple classes like this on the DL and it never materialized to dominant really

Lol. What? Clemson won 2 NCs in 4 years with 4 straight ACC championships. Clemsons DL was ole of the best in the nation for about 3-4 years. They absolutely were dominant. I don’t think TAMU will come close to Clemsons DL production. Clemson had Veneables.

Lol. What? Clemson won 2 NCs in 4 years with 4 straight ACC championships. Clemsons DL was ole of the best in the nation for about 3-4 years. They absolutely were dominant. I don’t think TAMU will come close to Clemsons DL production. Clemson had Veneables.
They had one really dominant Dline class. All those kids were freshman and a sophomore I think so the fact they had 3 years of success isn't surprising.

Yuppp. I’d give up more things than I’m willing to admit on this website for Clemson levels of success in the late 2010s.

Reactions: StoVol
I was referring to 2020, when they picked up Brian Bresee (DT1 #1 overall), Myles Murphy (SDE1 #7 overall), Demonte Capehart (DT5 #34 overall), Tre Williams (DT11 #98 overall) and Trenton Simpson (OLB1 #27 overall) in the same class... haven't heard much fanfare from any of those dudes... I think Murphy had a decent season last year... Simpson is above average... Bresee is OK... the other two haven't been on the field much...

I was referring to 2020, when they picked up Brian Bresee (DT1 #1 overall), Myles Murphy (SDE1 #7 overall), Demonte Capehart (DT5 #34 overall), Tre Williams (DT11 #98 overall) and Trenton Simpson (OLB1 #27 overall) in the same class... haven't heard much fanfare from any of those dudes... I think Murphy had a decent season last year... Simpson is above average... Bresee is OK... the other two haven't been on the field much...
Both Murphy and Bresee are projected 1st round picks for next year at the moment. Murphy had 8 sacks and 14 TFL in 10 games. Bresee got hurt and only played 4 games

Murphy and Breese were the 3rd and 4th defensive players in a mock I saw this week. Only after Anderson and Carter.

VN Store

Back