'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Kids already graduated...playing games with his recruiting...watch him show up to wherever he finally joins (can't even say commits to at this point)...a 30 lb overweight tub of lard, because he hasn't bothered to keep in shape.
He ran a 3.91 20 yard shuttle. Only 14 players in NFL combine history tested faster. Likely many / most were smaller DB’s. 4.51 40, 36” vertical, squats 600lbs. I’m quite sure being in shape would be the least of anyone’s concerns...

Lost cause. Bad Bacteria will always be at a premium in Gainesville.

Drain the Swamp takes on a whole 'nother meaning with Mrs. Mehlen in town.

I heard that Alachua County officials are installing a sewer in her that drains directly into Payne's Prairie....so long local wildlife!

giphy.gif

He ran a 3.91 20 yard shuttle. Only 14 players in NFL combine history tested faster. Likely many / most were smaller DB’s. 4.51 40, 36” vertical, squats 600lbs. I’m quite sure being in shape would be the least of anyone’s concerns...
So you're thinking, because he's put up those numbers at some point...the coaches would be ok with him coming in overweight and out of shape...just because...those numbers. I'm not believing that. JJ Peterson lost a year of meaningful college football time for the exact same reason...and his recruitment was a piece of cake co.parwd to this lunacy.

So what are the odds that Evans verbally commits to us or anyone else? I understand that it technically doesn’t mean anything until he shows up on someone’s campus this summer, but it would at least be something it he gives a verbal. Just wondering if anyone in the know has any idea on a timetable for him to verbally choose his college, at least for the time being. If we gotta wait until the summer with no inkling of where he will end up that is really going to blow

Better question: So what are the odds that Evans verbally commits to us AND everyone else?

So you're thinking, because he's put up those numbers at some point...the coaches would be ok with him coming in overweight and out of shape...just because...those numbers. I'm not believing that. JJ Peterson lost a year of meaningful college football time for the exact same reason...and his recruitment was a piece of cake co.parwd to this lunacy.

I think his point is that the genetics and natural athleticism required for those kinda numbers means there is a pretty low chance of him being out of shape after a few months.

No. I’m saying he won’t have a weight issue wherever he lands. JJP was never an athletic “freak”. The only thing the may have in common is testing issues. I’m not sure that’s an issue with Evans, only internet board chatter from what I’ve seen...

I also think many of the negatives are overstated. The experts can’t stand not knowing what’s going on and I think Evans was likely at most guilty of being flippant. He really is not a talker, quite private when you read about his drawing and journal. So when someone asks for his top 5, he just throws something out. It just happens that it’s major news when you are the nations #1 recruit. I think he did take advantage of the free visits to places he was not seriously considering like Texas. I do think he struggled with his grandfather’s death which may have led to the acting out and multi game suspension. Most of us are several generations older and don’t realize how much kids lives evolve around their phone. Personally i think asking kids to turn in their phones is beyond the head coaches right and job.
I think UGA was his plan since his visit this summer, making a big deal about him committing w/o an official is silly, he visited before. Now, with lots of luck, he may make the best decision and become a Vol...

Better question: So what are the odds that Evans verbally commits to us AND everyone else?

I think he will probably do just that. It's Bryce Brown all over again. He'll simply show up somewhere. I go back and forth on him. Worth the risk or not? Might be the next Adrian Peterson or the headache of all headaches.

Give me Wideman and Beckwith and use the final scholly on a grad transfer who can provide some help or depth. Think I'd rather take my chances with the RBs we have on the roster than take the risk with Evans. I know I'm probably alone in this line of thought, but I really don't think he's been misunderstood. I think he's a headache/problem.

VN Store

Back