TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

If he chose this weekend he would be a Vol. Morris from Auburn is pushing hard and you can't count out McGuire with Baylor. I still think Arkansas has a good chance.
I assume you’re plugged in. Hope we get this kid. Chaney and Weinke have done a good job to identify his talent early.

If we land him and Cody Brown we will be sending a big statement to Auburn

I'm with you. I think Auburn has been one of our primary competitors for recruits as we fish in the same waters as Auburn and I think Auburn, pre-Pruitt, was taking us to the woodshed with those mutual interest recruits. Under Pruitt, UT has made up a lot of ground on Auburn and has probably gotten as many, if not more, players that Auburn wanted that had interest in both UT and Auburn than Auburn has gotten that UT wanted. Still, there are some big players that went Auburn over UT even under Pruitt.

So, as much as I would love for UT to be recruiting at the Bama, Clemson, UGA, and Ohio State levels right now, recruiting year in and out at the level Auburn has been for the last decade or so would get UT into striking distance of beating those four programs head-to-head. I mean, Auburn has gone toe-to-toe with each of those programs (excepting Ohio State since I do not believe they have played one another) the last several years and I truly think that our staff is better than Auburn's at player development, scouting opponents, game planning, adjustments, and so on. I'd take being at an Auburn+ talent level and see what happens under our staff.

I'm with you. I think Auburn has been one of our primary competitors for recruits as we fish in the same waters as Auburn and I think Auburn, pre-Pruitt, was taking us to the woodshed with those mutual interest recruits. Under Pruitt, UT has made up a lot of ground on Auburn and has probably gotten as many, if not more, players that Auburn wanted that had interest in both UT and Auburn than Auburn has gotten that UT wanted. Still, there are some big players that went Auburn over UT even under Pruitt.

So, as much as I would love for UT to be recruiting at the Bama, Clemson, UGA, and Ohio State levels right now, recruiting year in and out at the level Auburn has been for the last decade or so would get UT into striking distance of beating those four programs head-to-head. I mean, Auburn has gone toe-to-toe with each of those programs (excepting Ohio State since I do not believe they have played one another) the last several years and I truly think that our staff is better than Auburn's at player development, scouting opponents, game planning, adjustments, and so on. I'd take being at an Auburn+ talent level and see what happens under our staff.

I’ve said it for a while, in order for Tennessee to turn the corner and get back to where we were, we’re first gonna have to learn how to outrecruit Auburn. And with Pruitt, so far so good.

Reactions: WhatInVolnation

VN Store

Back