TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

In the aftermath of Tennessee's historic loss to Kentucky on Saturday afternoon, Kaidon Salter made it clear that he's not having any second thoughts about his commitment to the Vols. The four-star Class of 2021 quarterback from Cedar Hill (Texas) High School posted early Sunday morning on his Twitter account that he's still "locked in" with Tennessee despite the Vols' 34-7 loss to the Wildcats at Neyland Stadium.
"I wouldn’t commit to decommit," he tweeted. "I’m locked in !!!! #GBO #VFL"

No. You got it right. Cedar Hill runs a very basic athlete driven offense. A lot of his highlights is him running 50 miles to throw a 20 yard pass. He can benefit greatly from enrolling early, but if he’s our guy year 1 then it’s gone (even more) horribly wrong. I’m not Little, who says he’ll never be a factor. I think a season spent studying and practicing has him in the running.

Just because he runs a simple offense doesn't mean he isn't capable of running a more complex one, no? Salter's ceiling is extremely high. He's already better than what we're sending out each week. If Bailey isn't giving JG a run for his money now, then I think Salter will absolutely be a factor year 1.

Just because he runs a simple offense doesn't mean he isn't capable of running a more complex one, no? Salter's ceiling is extremely high. He's already better than what we're sending out each week. If Bailey isn't giving JG a run for his money now, then I think Salter will absolutely be a factor year 1.
You don’t get acclimated to SEC level defenses in such a short turnaround time. Bailey ran a sophisticated offense for four seasons and missing all the offseason practically negated that. I’m a Salter believer but he’s that much further behind. YES he’s capable. NO not right now.

You don’t get acclimated to SEC level defenses in such a short turnaround time. Bailey ran a sophisticated offense for four seasons and missing all the offseason practically negated that. I’m a Salter believer but he’s that much further behind. YES he’s capable. NO not right now.
Just gotta stack talent. That’s all we can hope for. Bailey is every bit as talented as billed and we know that. He just needs to practice and get his hands dirty.

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. I know you're higher on Bailey. I think Salter is a special talent. Bailey can be really good here, but I do think Salter has the "it" factor.

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. I know you're higher on Bailey. I think Salter is a special talent. Bailey can be really good here, but I do think Salter has the "it" factor.
It’s not an either/or thing. I’m open to Salter challenging Bailey in 22. He’s not ready.

To be fair the “it” factor has to fit within the scheme of the offense. The last thing you want is a kid running around as a loose cannon. Even Baker operates within the scheme of the offense.

To be fair the “it” factor has to fit within the scheme of the offense. The last thing you want is a kid running around as a loose cannon. Even Baker operates within the scheme of the offense.

Yes, but there is nothing to suggest Salter can't quickly learn and operate the offense. Sometimes talent wins out. He wouldn't be the first college freshmen QB to compete. I think it's premature to pencil him in as a redshirt. The position is wide open.

Reactions: Devo182
I honestly think had the virus mess not screwed everything up from spring practice on we’d be looking at a different scenario now. The lack of college level practice and preparation really hurt HB.
If this kid is an early grad and can arrive in January and if there’s no virus mess in 21, we’ll see a real QB battle next summer. The others are non factors IMO.

I just saw a YouTube highlight where Salt threw a ball 60 yards while rolling to his right, on the money. Not many people can throw a ball that far when they aren’t on the move, but for him to do that AND it be accurate.... special

Yes, but there is nothing to suggest Salter can't quickly learn and operate the offense. Sometimes talent wins out. He wouldn't be the first college freshmen QB to compete. I think it's premature to pencil him in as a redshirt. The position is wide open.
If anything, he can scramble. That is missing in our QB room (sans Maurer who seems to be at qb4 rn). Chaney tried to fill it with King and missed out, but Salter and Simpson have at least that much.

Really for Salter it really depends on again Spring practice because covid will still be around even though we are playing now doesn't mean they will allow Spring Practice. Bailey missed out on Spring . But as far as film goes you do have to love future of Salter game and hopefully by year end we love Bailey game at this level. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Watching this Arizona vs Cowboys game and hopefully we can get this creative in the run game with Salter. A lot of misdirections on the sweeps/read options and Kyler Murray making them pay.
Who's going to be the offensive coordinator? That sure as hell won't happen with Chaney. His play calling makes Cutcliffe's play calling from the 90's look radically unpredictable and innovative by comparison.

Reactions: scvolfan7

VN Store

Back