TX QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty signee)

He’s my favorite incoming freshman already. To see the crap show that’s been our season and still stay true to his commitment is impressive to me. Hoping he gets a fair shot to ball out next season.
He’ll redshirt imo...then all bets are off.

This is a good class. Lot to be excited about.

Listening to Doug Matthews rant on about it
I listened to today’s podcast.
Here’s what I remember him saying:
Pruitt WILL be back in 2021 no matter what happens for rest of this season.
He has this on good authority (Fulmer).
DOug said JG should never play another down at UT. Doesn’t understand why other 3 QB’s weren’t properly prepared.
If they are so bad, why were they recruited.
Blames Weinke, Chaney, and Pruitt but mostly Pruitt.
Tee or Chaney should be QB Coach.
There will be a lot of staff movement after second signing day in February.
Says this team has enuf SEC caliber talent but hasn’t been coached up.
Says he thinks our recruiting class will hold with few defections.
Says it will be Pruitts most “athletic” class.
Overall, his attitude (which, of course, reflects the thinking of his good buddy Fulmer) is that Pruitt is still able to get it done here. However, he needs to fully trust Chaney with the QBs and the total offense. Says that Pruitt can NOT stubbornly play great practice players that don’t perform on Saturday.
Said we have some really good freshman and sophomore talent being wasted on the bench.
Says he expects them to play more in these final 3 games because Fulmer had told him his job is safe even with a 2-8 finish this year and even if those are blowout losses. (His show aired before the news broke that Vandy had fired Mason). He said we have much better talent than Vandy, similar talent to TAMU, and other than QB where they are hugely better than Vols, that overall we have talent not all that far behind Flotida
Said everything and EVERYONE in our football program must perform in 2021 or expect a total housecleaning then.

I am. He ranks high but Trey and Toto rate higher off the top. Local kid and I’m a big fan, but he may never start. Even in this class, I put Willis, Brooks and maybe Lewis ahead of him.

As far as importance? Wouldn’t you agree that our offense needs a good QB?

VN Store

Back