'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

Yeah, I can't say I have ever thought about any upsides to being under center. He makes sense though.
It's why the whole dt vs pro style thing is misleading. This kid is dt cause he's fast but he probably one of the most pro style qb out there. And he's a pass first qb. Whereas a lot of other dt guys are are run first.

If that's the case, it makes me think that UT would be a better fit for him given the type of offense that Chaney likes to run now. I imagine this year's offense at UT will be predicated a lot on play-action and a mix of under-center and shotgun. Similar to what UT did last year, but better executed and with quicker throws overall.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
This Trevor Lawrence? Seems pretty skinny to me. I realize the photo is in high school but King is in high school, no? So yes, I'm referring to Trevor Lawrence.

Trevor_Lawrence_%28American_football%29_Sept_2017.jpg
So your saying you don't need to be a physical specimen to win a national championship as a freshman?

I was trying to figure out what his point was.
I think he was saying Lawrence was about the same size as king at king's age. Because someone said king needs 2 years in the weight room. Another poster compared Maurer to king but said Maurer was bigger. Which is an interesting comparison since both are great athletes who played multiple sports. What was missed though is Maurer didn't gain the weight until he quit basketball and focused on football as a senior. King can also fill out pretty quickly when he doesn't have to keep his weight down for basketball.

I think he was saying Lawrence was about the same size as king at king's age. Because someone said king needs 2 years in the weight room. Another poster compared Maurer to king but said Maurer was bigger. Which is an interesting comparison since both are great athletes who played multiple sports. What was missed though is Maurer didn't gain the weight until he quit basketball and focused on football as a senior. King can also fill out pretty quickly when he doesn't have to keep his weight down for basketball.
Ahhhh...thanks

Reactions: Sleegro
Trevor Lawrence? Hmm maybe, at least top 5. Generational talent. Kid is phenomenal.

We have heard generational talent a couple of times in the past 5-7 years. Lawrence is very good. But Murray was unreal last year. TL would not have went ahead of him. Top 5 I would agree with.

We have heard generational talent a couple of times in the past 5-7 years. Lawrence is very good. But Murray was unreal last year. TL would not have went ahead of him. Top 5 I would agree with.

I'd take Lawrence over Murray. No knock on Murray, but Lawrence is Peyton Manning level good.

There's an interesting theory about Texas high school football and how a shift to more Air Raid tendencies and pass-heavy offenses caused a decline in how Texas-born players perform in college and NFL. That is probably another reason King is so adamant on going to a school with the opposite focus.

There's an interesting theory about Texas high school football and how a shift to more Air Raid tendencies and pass-heavy offenses caused a decline in how Texas-born players perform in college and NFL. That is probably another reason King is so adamant on going to a school with the opposite focus.
Except there are Texas hs qbs all over the nfl and fbs. Wrs too. He's adamant because he grew up in a pro style system and is comfortable in it.

No.... it helps QB’s and WR’s along with the “Scat back” that is more pronounced now then before... they didn’t exist before with a traditional offense...

It hurts OL absolutely.

Reactions: Sleegro
You’re 100% wrong... there is a reason why Tom Brady’s agent tried to sign him... I kinda hope the titans try to tank to get him next year... he will be great at the next level.
He is about as close to a sure thing as you can get.

VN Store

Back