'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

A&M mod said to also be aware of Auburn, maybe even Arkansas in this race. Of course if we kill it this weekend, maybe he is done visiting. But mod also made a good point - he's a coach's son...he won't be making any rash decisions. Unless he's been 99% wanting to come here, I doubt he'll commit this weekend.

A&M mod said to also be aware of Auburn, maybe even Arkansas in this race. Of course if we kill it this weekend, maybe he is done visiting. But mod also made a good point - he's a coach's son...he won't be making any rash decisions. Unless he's been 99% wanting to come here, I doubt he'll commit this weekend.
Rarely do big time prospects commit on their visits. They go home and talk it over with family and make a decision soon after. He's quoted as saying he's taking these A&M and UT visits and planning to commit soon after, I do believe. My guess is he decides next week unless he plans to take more visits.

Rarely do big time prospects commit on their visits. They go home and talk it over with family and make a decision soon after. He's quoted as saying he's taking these A&M and UT visits and planning to commit soon after, I do believe. My guess is he decides next week unless he plans to take more visits.
Who is the Aggie's OC?

Who is the Aggie's OC?
Darrell Dickey.

Darrell Dickey joined the Texas A&M staff as offensive coordinator after six years at Memphis, first working alongside Justin Fuente and then Mike Norvell. He also served as interim head coach when Fuente departed for Virginia Tech. Dickey's Tigers ranked second nationally in scoring offense, averaging 47.7 points per game, and fourth in total offense at over 548 yards per game. The Tigers also averaged over 200 yards per game on the ground. Prior to his time at Memphis, Dickey spent time coaching both in the SEC and in Texas, including serving as a graduate assistant under Jackie Sherrill at Texas A&M in 1985. In the early 1990s, he coached tight ends at LSU and quarterbacks and running backs at Mississippi State. He was the head coach at North Texas from 1998-2006 and led the Mean Green to four straight Sun Belt Titles from 2001-2004.

“King’s tape is impressive, but it pales in comparison to what he showed in-person. He’s got prototypical size for the position (6-foot-2, 175 pounds) to go along with 4.49 speed. He operates in a pro-style offense where he is without question the most talented player on the field.
"King is a rhythm passer, and when it’s clicking, it’s hard to look away. He has the ability to drop dimes all over the field, and at his best can tear apart a defense down the seams or on the boundaries. King is very athletic and fits perfectly in a pro-style offense and does most of his damage on the run and bootlegging to either this left or right.
"At times, King struggles to consistently place the ball on-the-mark. If he continues to progress in that area, he could certainly position himself inside the Rivals250 by the end of his senior campaign." - Sam Spiegelman, Texas & Louisiana Recruiting Analyst
Rivals

Darrell Dickey. Used to be Memphis OC.

Darrell Dickey is the OC in name only. Jimbo calls the plays and runs the offense. Dickey adds in wrinkles to the offense. Jimbo has won a National Championship as a HC and as an OC (LSU). So, I think he’s plenty proven. Some may say Chaney is better; some would say Jimbo. I’d call it a wash

The question is - does he want to stay close to home or go out of state. A&M is further in its rebuild than TN is.

Darrell Dickey is the OC in name only. Jimbo calls the plays and runs the offense. Dickey adds in wrinkles to the offense. Jimbo has won a National Championship as a HC and as an OC (LSU). So, I think he’s plenty proven. Some may say Chaney is better; some would say Jimbo. I’d call it a wash

The question is - does he want to stay close to home or go out of state. A&M is further in its rebuild than TN is.
Chaney has a longer relationship with the kid as well. Who knows at this point? Unless distance is a factor I would think Tennessee leads for now.

Funny how 247 loooooves this guy but Rivals like meh.

Rivals sucks.

Also, Chaney calling this kid first is all I need to know.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back