'21 TX QB Charlie Brewer (Baylor Grad Transfer)

Mike Leach has taken 7 QBs in two years. Keep swinging. There’s no such thing as a logjam
There is when you have an 85 scholarship limit. Perhaps if leach used fewer spots on QB and more on defense he would have won a few more games.

Besides, maurer hasn't been cleared yet, shrout is gone. Right now we have Bailey and Salter. We could stand to add 2 more transfers. We have to. You cannot go into a season with fewer than 4 QBs.

Joe Milton got benched at Michigan and transferred……to UT……and was the starting QB for Heupel…..
He didn't transfer just because he got benched. The staff made him play through injury and he didn't necessarily get along with the staff there. You could argue the same thing but players like Shea Patterson whose potential got ruined makes me think it is more of a Jim Harbaugh thing than a Joe Milton thing. He also stuck it out for the season and didn't quit a day and a half after getting benched. This is all assumptions but unless there was some big behind-the-scenes fallout between him and the staff, I just think Heupel wouldn't want a quitter.

He didn't transfer just because he got benched. The staff made him play through injury and he didn't necessarily get along with the staff there. You could argue the same thing but players like Shea Patterson whose potential got ruined makes me think it is more of a Jim Harbaugh thing than a Joe Milton thing. He also stuck it out for the season and didn't quit a day and a half after getting benched. This is all assumptions but unless there was some big behind-the-scenes fallout between him and the staff, I just think Heupel wouldn't want a quitter.
Dude, seriously. The kid that took Milton's job isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. But they are 3-0. Milton transferred because he wasn't going to play like most transfer QBs. It is also highly doubtful they MADE him play through injuries because they can then be sued. Especially if they put a possible pro career at risk. That's just some bs. If Harbaugh was doing crap like that, they wouldn't be able to recruit. That stuff is fired for cause worthy. Would be Michigan's way out. Nothing wrong with wanting to play in Milton's case. But reality is he was probably asked to transfer because they saw the writing on the wall, and went and got another QB that will eventually take over for McNamara

Dude, seriously. The kid that took Milton's job isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. But they are 3-0. Milton transferred because he wasn't going to play like most transfer QBs. It is also highly doubtful they MADE him play through injuries because they can then be sued. Especially if they put a possible pro career at risk. That's just some bs. If Harbaugh was doing crap like that, they wouldn't be able to recruit. That stuff is fired for cause worthy. Would be Michigan's way out. Nothing wrong with wanting to play in Milton's case. But reality is he was probably asked to transfer because they saw the writing on the wall, and went and got another QB that will eventually take over for McNamara
They are Michigan. They won't not recruit well despite who is the coach

Joe Milton got benched at Michigan and transferred……to UT……and was the starting QB for Heupel…..
He completed the season, school year, and his degree then left "professionally". He didn't pitch a tantrum and quit 3 games into a season after throwing 3 picks and being ineffective against his teams 2 FBS opponents.

Pretty disappointed in Brewer. I thought more of him than that.

VN Store

Back