'21 TX OT Austin Uke (Stanford signee)

Remember the Georgia game? I’d much prefer we get linemen who can move.
He would have to gain a bit of weight not that he can't or that weight is accurate. No 265 pound OL is going to make it long in the sec, he will get freight trained.295-300 maybe, bama and georgia got guys 320 that can move plenty quick enough. No small lineman in the sec. GBO!

He will be a good blocking FB in goal line situations but not much else. Heupel needs to know immediately that quality SEC lineman should be 300 pounds plus. Looks like we may recruit Butch style lineman.
I think Heupel knows from his time at Mizzou. The o-linemen at ucf is about same size as UT's.

He will be a good blocking FB in goal line situations but not much else. Heupel needs to know immediately that quality SEC lineman should be 300 pounds plus. Looks like we may recruit Butch style lineman.

That’s not always true. Mass doesn’t equate to power. I’d much rather have a strong 270 - 290 over a weak 320 - 350 any day, the name of the game on the O-line is pushing people, not just standing in their way, especially w/ the speed you see in the SEC.

Two things I gather from his highlights. He loves to be physical and knows how to finish a block 20 yards down field. Like his mindset.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
The good thing about this is he shouldn’t need to play right away. He has some time to get his weight up. Also look back at some of the best lineman at Georgia and Alabama and look at their weight. They all didn’t all come in at 300lb

Reactions: USF grad in TN
I’m tired of some of the negativity since the hire. I get it’s disappointing but some people are now going to critique every recruit we offer, too.

This kid has a good offer list which means it’s good enough for me. And Cleary Heupel wants slimmer OL to run his high octane offense rather than fat boys who will need a breather every other play.

I think he knows what he wants.

This kid probably plays for a HS that runs an up tempo offense. Slimmer guy that can get up to 285-290, and agile. By UCF standards this kid would Elite and probably wouldn’t land his commitment, now that Heupel is at a bigger brand, it’s easier to get kids like this.

VN Store

Back