'25 TX OL Jordan Coleman

HoleInTheRoof

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
Like landing one of our best OL classes in recent history last year?
People look at the OL “recruiting issue” and ignore that we had very little to sell to OL when CJH took over.

“You want to run your ass off in an offense that everyone is questioning the viability of in the SEC at a school with an NCAA investigation?” - every opposing coach in 21 and 22

Now CJH has the results to sell. This last haul is proof of that and it will probably stay consistent as long as the on the field results stay consistent as well.

People look at the OL “recruiting issue” and ignore that we had very little to sell to OL when CJH took over.

“You want to run your ass off in an offense that everyone is questioning the viability of in the SEC at a school with an NCAA investigation?” - every opposing coach in 21 and 22

Now CJH has the results to sell. This last haul is proof of that and it will probably stay consistent as long as the on the field results stay consistent as well.
Elarbee has Darnell Wright to sell also.

Well considering before Wright got drafted, Elarbee signed two 4* and twelve 3*.
After Wright got drafted, Elarbee signed one 5*, three 4* and two 3*.

Maybe that one guy made a difference.
Exactly! Elarbee just proved to every 5 star linemen in high school that he can develop you into 1st round talent and play and win a lot of games. The obvious should be how bad Darnell was before Elarbee arrived. He was considered a bust at that point really. Also I've stated this several times on this thread but the last 2 season we have been back to back Joe Moore candidates. His ability to develop players should not be overlooked

Or…they focused on the ones they wanted that they had reason to believe would choose Tennessee while at the same time having a plan b. It worked well.
Yeah…the plan b part you mentioned…that entailed broadening the board.

While this is true there was also just a flat out problem of putting all the eggs in one basket when it came to the board especially to the trenches. While you got some guys like Hobbs, West, etc on the DL where you beat out some legit programs, outside of Sham didn't really do that on the OL. So I think both sides can be true in this situation. They're finally swinging for the big time tackles now and have broadened the board tho so we shall see. I don't think Elarbee is a bad recruiter and like you said he has a product to sell now

While this is true there was also just a flat out problem of putting all the eggs in one basket when it came to the board especially to the trenches. While you got some guys like Hobbs, West, etc on the DL where you beat out some legit programs, outside of Sham didn't really do that on the OL. So I think both sides can be true in this situation. They're finally swinging for the big time tackles now and have broadened the board tho so we shall see. I don't think Elarbee is a bad recruiter and like you said he has a product to sell now
No OL coach outrecruits the level of their program.

Couldn’t be better said

Reactions: Smokey19rt
In sales, its simply always a numbers game. You can learn all about psychology, and increase the percentages. But at end of the day you'll only see incremental increases. Just makes sense.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back