'20 TX DB Chris Thompson Jr.

There was a discussion about Mack when we hired him. He’s been a head coach and an OC, so it seems to me that he probably understands the technique and responsibilities for running backs. Someone also tried to say that a former RB is the best kind of RB coach. Yet a few of the highest paid and successful RB coaches, Dell McGee, Tommie Robinson, Jay Boulware, Greg Knox never played RB. McGee and Robinson are DB’s. This isn’t to say that Mack is a guarantee, but I love the coordinator and head coach experience on this staff.
I didn’t see that experience. This staff is truly loaded with it. Thanks for the input.

Al
There was a discussion about Mack when we hired him. He’s been a head coach and an OC, so it seems to me that he probably understands the technique and responsibilities for running backs. Someone also tried to say that a former RB is the best kind of RB coach. Yet a few of the highest paid and successful RB coaches, Dell McGee, Tommie Robinson, Jay Boulware, Greg Knox never played RB. McGee and Robinson are DB’s. This isn’t to say that Mack is a guarantee, but I love the coordinator and head coach experience on this staff.
Also, as a Grad Assistant he coached RBs at a winning program, so it not like he doesn’t know the position.

VN Store

Back