TX APB Ty Jordan

USC’s 247 writer thinks he was at USC all week, starting as an unofficial visitor and finishing with his official.

On Tennessee: "It was cool. It was live. I got to drive a boat. I was swerving the boat and it was fun. They told me to make the best decision for me. They didn't push too much about having to sign two or one running backs; they just made me feel welcome and talked to me about how I'd be used and I got cool with some of the players."

On his mom's condition: "She has Stage 4 lung cancer. That's really been a big deciding factor. Where can I go and still be accessible to her? If it's not close, can I still have the same accessibility to catch a flight and check in on her or things like that."

Rivals.com - Texas, Tennessee and USC pushing hardest for RB Ty Jordan

This is one kid who I hope stays close to his mom. Lost a friend recently to this who had a gene for it. Had never smoked a day in her life.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
More on the article Freak posted.
RIVALS REACTION
Much like Jordan put it, it's clear that he is torn between Texas, USC and Tennessee, and that schools like Arkansas -- which will get a chance to host the talented three-star running back after the Dead Period concludes -- is not out of the race just yet.
Texas is in need of a running back for its 2020 class and checks off the local box, which may give the Longhorns an edge as Jordan evaluates how quickly he can return home to be with his mother. Jordan has made multiple trips out to the West Coast to see USC, including an unofficial and an official visit, and both caught his attention in a major way. Tennessee isn't pressuring Jordan to make a decision and he's getting more and more comfortable with the staff and current players on the roster there.
Jordan said no decision is imminent and this is one recruitment that could go down to the wire as December's signing period approaches.
https://n.rivals.com/news/texas-tennessee-and-usc-pushing-hardest-for-rb-ty-jordan

Ty Jordan recently put a notice on his Instagram that he was close to making a decision.

The three-star running back from West Mesquite told Horns247 over the weekend that the post was a joke. For now, he plans to stick to his timeline and finish his official visits.

“That was like a little joke,” he said. “My decision is still coming mid-season.”

Jordan visited USC and Tennessee during the summer, and he’s still trying to figure out which other schools will get an official visit. The Longhorns are hoping to get him in, and Jordan said he knows he will make it to Austin for sure.

“Texas for sure,” he said. “I know Texas for sure will be my third and maybe Utah.”

The Vols still are hoping to add another running back to their 2020 class to go along with local three-star commitment Tee Hodge, and three-star all-purpose back Ty Jordan of West Mesquite (Texas) High School still appears to be perhaps their most realistic option. Sources said Tennessee and USC are the favorites to land the 5-foot-7, 183-pound Jordan at the moment, but Texas remains a contender and still is worth watching. One source said the Longhorns currently have some ground to make up with Jordan, but there’s at least one major variable that could work in Texas’ favor. His mother is battling lung cancer, and it ultimately might be difficult for him to pass up the opportunity to play somewhere close to home. He also has discussed visiting Arkansas, where he also has family, as early as this weekend.

-Callahan

I really feel for this kid. Stage 4 generally means the cancer has hit bone. She won't be with him much longer.

VN Store

Back