Two Wins

If you could guarantee 2 wins this 2020 season who would it be against?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right now, we are absolutely pulling above our weight, especially considering the dip in in-state talent this year. The staff is absolutely recruiting their tails off and there's no favorable tailwinds like Butch had with his 2015 class (legacies, signing 30+, huge in-state haul). If we end up on NSD with a Top 2 class AND a win over Bama, we will have scrutiny (absent a 11-1 type season).

I was meaning historically TN has always recruited well. Just because Dooley and Butch couldn’t get it done consistently doesn’t mean we are a perennial 15-20th ranked class that is suddenly doing well for the first time.

TN should be consistently in the Top 10 with top 5 class every 3rd or 4th year AT WORST.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Please explain question. If I could guarantee in terms of what I want, or if I could guarantee you two wins that we will win this season. I can guarantee you that we will beat Vandy and one of the others...I would like to guarantee a win over FL and Bama.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I would love to say Alabama, but went with Florida and UGA because same division. If we beat both of those teams, we likely win the East.

See...I like how you knew Mizzou wasn't even an option ;)

But playing the long-term game UF & UGa are the right plays. Win the East then the rest will take care of itself. It will be hard to lose the East with those two games in hand.

There should be a poll about whether your Vol Card should be revoked if Alabama isn’t one of the two you picked.

3 reasons:

1. Third Saturday in Oct
2. Huge win streak on us
3. 5 time national champs during the current streak... FIVE...1+4...FAHVE....ALMOST 6 BUT ONE LESS

Has to be Florida and Alabama, although I wouldn’t mind swapping those with OU and Georgia. Those are the two biggest rivals and if we beat them in the same season we will officially be BACK.

Reactions: mickeyvol
that's sweet. Everybody wanting Bama. You might as well make Vandy your second pick since both have the appeal as a Halmark movie. Feel good for a bit then its gone.

There is only one answer: Florida AND Georgia

The goal here isnt to win a game and feel good. The goal is to win the east, win the conference, win the national championship. You have to win the East to play in Atl and two auto wins against UF and GA virtually puts you there. Win over Bama and lose against Fla or Ga, you better hope who you lose to loses one more than you since they have head to head. Plus luck.

I'll take a loss to Bama every year if I can have wins over Fla and Ga. We can see them in Atl in a revenge game to play for the NC playoffs. Division wins > west wins > ooc wins

Georgia and Alabama. Because I 'm a dinosaur and I can't pass on the chance to make a fuel of myself.

VN Store

Back