Two Things

sjt18

One- Anyone here who still doubts that the officiating is slanted against UT is blind or stupid. Neither flag on Sampson's run with the game still winnable was a hold. MU did that and worse all day. On the play Jeudy-Lally was called for facemask he was being held FAR worse than either of those. BOTH of those penalties prevented big plays by UT to get back into the game. It isn't just the calls. It is the timing. And when it happens this consistently... you really can't call it unintentional any more.

Two- That's not why UT lost today. The name of that is Banks. MU's OC made an absolute fool out of him. Who on this planet BESIDES Banks didn't know that Cook was going to roll out like that on that 3rd down play from their own 1? They burned him TWICE like that. STs pinned them deep. Banks' incompetent play calling let them out.

Mizzou played well. They played well enough to win. But the two things above have to be dealt with for the program to move forward.

One- Anyone here who still doubts that the officiating is slanted against UT is blind or stupid. Neither flag on Sampson's run with the game still winnable was a hold. MU did that and worse all day. On the play Jeudy-Lally was called for facemask he was being held FAR worse than either of those. BOTH of those penalties prevented big plays by UT to get back into the game. It isn't just the calls. It is the timing. And when it happens this consistently... you really can't call it unintentional any more.

Two- That's not why UT lost today. The name of that is Banks. MU's OC made an absolute fool out of him. Who on this planet BESIDES Banks didn't know that Cook was going to roll out like that on that 3rd down play from their own 1? They burned him TWICE like that. STs pinned them deep. Banks' incompetent play calling let them out.

Mizzou played well. They played well enough to win. But the two things above have to be dealt with for the program to move forward.
Just stop it. They kicked our xxxes on both sides of the ball and our coaching staff was embarrassing with the preparations they delivered for this team this week up to and including game day.

Reactions: chuck0303
Not sure what can be done about the officiating? I’m sure we send complaints in to the league office weekly and if Heupel complains publicly I would think that’s a fine and/or suspension.

The play calling on defense though…yeah that was brutal to watch.

Good post

Your first sentence just shows the stupidity that has crept into this board since Bama. You guys will find excuses for anything. Let me guess if we would have won, it would have been in spite of the refs? Dude get real. You and anyone else who blames officiating for that need to get a grip. We got out played, out executed and out coached.

Reactions: Remy
Not sure what can be done about the officiating? I’m sure we send complaints in to the league office weekly and if Heupel complains publicly I would think that’s a fine and/or suspension.

Bad calls are happening everywhere. It’s happening every week. Nothijg is gonna be done about it. So a good team will find ways to rise above it.

Your first sentence just shows the stupidity that has crept into this board since Bama. You guys will find excuses for anything. Let me guess if we would have won, it would have been in spite of the refs? Dude get real. You and anyone else who blames officiating for that need to get a grip. We got out played, out executed and out coached.
READ before responding. MU played well. Banks was incompetent... AND the officiating once again nullified big plays by UT at critical times with RIDICULOUSLY bad calls

Just stop it. They kicked our xxxes on both sides of the ball and our coaching staff was embarrassing with the preparations they delivered for this team this week up to and including game day.
They played well. UT didn't. And when UT made good plays at critical times flags for phantom penalties nullified them.

You do understand that ALL of that can be true at the same time, right?

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
One thing only: Who brought the fire?

Players like Cook and Schrader are special. Their fight and determination are next level. That was the difference.

I saw some glimpses from a couple of VOLS but not a full game fierceness like Cook and Schrader.

Reactions: fullmetalvol
2,4,6,8,10,12yrs ago I would have given anything for an 9-3 or 8-4 season. Baby steps folks…we were Shula and Zooked for years.

The play calling on offense wasn't good either. 3 runs up the middle when Mizzou is stopping the run. On the TD throw, great catch but with 3rd & 9 we're going for the TD and not just a 1st down? Miraculous catch bailed us out. We deserved the beat down. Mizzou was much more physical than we were. And who on here has confidence next week? Doesn't matter now.

Bad calls are happening everywhere. It’s happening every week. Nothijg is gonna be done about it. So a good team will find ways to rise above it.
Bad calls ARE happening everywhere. They just aren't favoring UT... EVER. They aren't consistently nullifying good plays on phantom calls.

Go back and watch the Sampson run. Neither was a hold. It wasn't close. But TWO different officials saw UT break off a critical play and threw flags. Now... you can put your head back in there and smother... or you can join a large number of fans who CAN make a difference if we're loud enough

UT lost today because the DC was totally outcoached in every respect. It isn't the first time he's done it either. He's just bad.

People blame Martinez and I really don't care if he goes too. But that won't fix the problem. They have to deal with Banks. There's a reason that he wasn't promoted to DC alone at Penn State.

To be fair, we DID put up 7 points, so maybe this is our new offense and we're going to bigly on defense.

The call on Jeudy-Lally was pathetic. Lally was running away from the guy. He wasn't even engaging with him directly and it didn't impact the play. The guy kept into Lally.

I thought the Lott personal foul was the type of call officials don't normally make. Our guy gets off the ground to run onto the field. Missouri players are in the way and words are exchanged. Then the officials get us for a cheap personal foul.

Oh. BTW. I was listening to the first part of the game on a Mizzou radio station. Their announcers mentioned that the Head Official played football for Bama.

Bad calls ARE happening everywhere. They just aren't favoring UT... EVER. They aren't consistently nullifying good plays on phantom calls.

Go back and watch the Sampson run. Neither was a hold. It wasn't close. But TWO different officials saw UT break off a critical play and threw flags. Now... you can put your head back in there and smother... or you can join a large number of fans who CAN make a difference if we're loud enough

UT lost today because the DC was totally outcoached in every respect. It isn't the first time he's done it either. He's just bad.

People blame Martinez and I really don't care if he goes too. But that won't fix the problem. They have to deal with Banks. There's a reason that he wasn't promoted to DC alone at Penn State.
The head ref was David Smith, a former Alabama QB… just sayin’

Oh. BTW. I was listening to the first part of the game on a Mizzou radio station. Their announcers mentioned that the Head Official played football for Bama.
This sort of thing is why I advocate for background checks before a ref is assigned a game.

Clearly the officiating situation has jumped the shark. The nearly perfect absence of live ball penalty calls against our opponents in the last 3 SEC games is clear and convincing evidence that the Vols are not going to get a fair shake. The two questions on my mind tonight are:

1. Is this a one year message? Retribution from the conference for escaping heavy NCAA penalties. Or maybe something said or done at an institutional level about which we will never learn.
2. Will it cost us Heupel? The answer here may turn on what he thinks about the first question. If he believes that 2023 is representative of how UT will be officiated in future years, he will leave. He has a bright future. He can take his game to a different conference and make it to a 12 team playoff. I think he loves being at UT, but he would a fool to stay if he thinks the goofy officiating will continue past this year.

The Officiating was horrible once again but not as bad as some of the other games have been, they have a grudge against Heupel for some reason but its obvious but the absolute failure of our Defensive staff to stop that QB from rolling out and running is mind boggling.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

VN Store

Back