Two things that kill Tennessee basketball right now

-We NEVER follow shots
-Aidoo has NO upper body strength
- Rely too much on Knecht
-Cannot press
-Do not handle pressure
-Vescovi has grown lame
-Zeigler should NEVER shoot 3 pointers
I disagree with everything on here except Aidoo's strength and half of Vescovi. His shooting has almost completely dropped off but that's it.

Yeah thanks to Knecht. Otherwise we wouldn't be sniffing the ncaa tournament. Point being, he can't do it by himself. Everyone now knows they only have to shut him down to win. Need more scorers. Not a complicated concept. Enjoy your early out though
Of course other people have to score. But they went 3-1 in the last 4 against all ranked teams knowing that Knecht was our scorer.

If Knecht gets his 20+, and our role guys play solid, then the recipe is there to win. Why is it our early round exit? I guess you aren’t a fan?

We made the SS last year without him.

No. Instead of going behind your back as a hall monitor would, I address the post directly
Maybe you should start your own forum where everyone is required to say only positive things and anyone offering criticism will be ignored since you seem so traumatized over anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Come on Sport Fanz.........................This is Coach Barnes predictable season end!
It is why he was let go at Texas after what could appear as a good program. Tennessee has been the same...........spurts of Greatness followed by early exits in March.
Good Guy Good Coach..............just folds in March!!
But you are still gonna watch though, right?

Reactions: NOLACHUCKEYTOM
Maybe you should start your own forum where everyone is required to say only positive things and anyone offering criticism will be ignored since you seem so traumatized over anyone who doesn't agree with you.
He likes when people show up in the good times along with the bad. Not the ones that only show up when they have something negative to say. I get it. Would you surround yourself with people who are only there to talk crap when you're down? Probably not. I don't know the posters well enough to know who shows up and when but think of it that way. At first I was put off with it too but then I started seeing it.

But you are still gonna watch though, right?
No I could not consume enuf to watch it..............win or lose.....I personally am done until a new staff is in place....but thats just me. Vote with my fanny NOT in the seat or watching

Again, Tennessees bread and butter has been a strong half court offense and that's been abandoned. You have to fault Barnes for that. The man just won't adjust and that's why I think he constantly flames out in March. I get that JJJ and Vescovi give us a better chance defensively but you can't have 2 5 year starters not producing anything. Look at the wide open looks JJJ gave up in the first half of the state game. Vescovi is too slow against elite guards that don't bite on that head fake and isn't even close to hitting a wide open shot. Even if you can't afford to bring both off the bench, at least Gainey for Vescovi.

No I could not consume enuf to watch it..............win or lose.....I personally am done until a new staff is in place....but thats just me. Vote with my fanny NOT in the seat or watching

Yeah, that’ll show them. Lmao

Not trolls just frustrated fans of a team that look like world beaters in the regular season and look lost in the post season every single year
Don’t worry, once Barnes is gone you won’t have to worry about the post season. Tennessee won’t be in it. Remember what it was like before he got here. Tennessee sucked. Besides last time I checked Tennessee went to the sweet 16 last year without their starting point guard. Season is not over.

Don’t worry, once Barnes is gone you won’t have to worry about the post season. Tennessee won’t be in it. Remember what it was like before he got here. Tennessee sucked. Besides last time I checked Tennessee went to the sweet 16 last year without their starting point guard. Season is not over.

I don't think it's too much to ask for post season success that matches regular season success. Sorry if that makes all the sunshine pumpers cry.

1. Other than Grant Williams and a very few others, we just don't get aggressive strong physical players. We have way too many iffy players that lack physicality, can't dribble, aren't that athletic, can't get to the rim. I would trade what we have for Miss State's team and philosophy any day.

2. Lack of confidence. Vescovi and James look like they need a psychiatrist to get them over their lack of confidence. They look like they would rather die than take an open shot because they already know it's a miss.
If we’re talking hypotheticals—losing Nkamhoua and Plavsic is hurting more than we realized. Aidoo is great he just can get shoved around by a big that the refs let do whatever they want-like Matthews kr that other scumbag from Miss St.

If we had either of those two guys from last year, I think we’re complete.

Well, if Vescovi and James stopped being terrified of their own shadow. I love those guys. I wished they’d just shoot the damn ball.

I disagree with everything on here except Aidoo's strength and half of Vescovi. His shooting has almost completely dropped off but that's it.
Zeigler should never shoot three pointers? He is number two on the team in three point percentage, at 35% whole Knetch is at 39%. I dont know what games you are watching but it is not the ones I have seen.

Criticism is fine, and I often agree with it. Haven't seen you posting much in this forum until yesterday, or after a loss. Please provide a sample of your posts that prove otherwise. You know, it is all on the record. Should be easily retrievable

Criticism is fine, and I often agree with it. Haven't seen you posting much in this forum until yesterday, or after a loss. Please provide a sample of your posts that prove otherwise. You know, it is all on the record. Should be easily retrievable
You must be kidding? I need to submit my " resume" of past post in order to pass the BernardKingGoat test? Someone post a comment, and they first need to run it by you for acceptance? Good grief, get a life.

He likes when people show up in the good times along with the bad. Not the ones that only show up when they have something negative to say. I get it. Would you surround yourself with people who are only there to talk crap when you're down? Probably not. I don't know the posters well enough to know who shows up and when but think of it that way. At first I was put off with it too but then I started seeing it.
The whole notion that someone on a forum where you post comments, is: screening those comments ---no one can post a negative comment until they have posted an equal number of positive comments, this is beyond silly.

The whole notion that someone on a forum where you post comments, is: screening those comments ---no one can post a negative comment until they have posted an equal number of positive comments, this is beyond silly.
No one is screening. But when one is a regular in the forum, it’s quite obvious when the wave comes after losses. It’s about par for our society- people would rather talk about the negative instead of the positive. It’s like clockwork around here and easy to see.

What has happened to Vescovi this season? He was automatic from 3 most of his career. This season he has been a shell of himself. I don't understand.

What has happened to Vescovi this season? He was automatic from 3 most of his career. This season he has been a shell of himself. I don't understand.
That's the million dollar question. At this point, Barnes needs to start someone else. With that said, Vescovi will be starting the next game.

Zeigler should never shoot three pointers? He is number two on the team in three point percentage, at 35% whole Knetch is at 39%. I dont know what games you are watching but it is not the ones I have seen.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. I think you're agreeing with me.

Edit-

I still think playing zone defense a few times a game would help this team, Barnes doesn’t like zone and it’s too late in the yr to adjust

I am concerned we won’t get behind Sweet 16, though this team has shown it can beat most teams in the country.
I have been thinking the same, as to zone defense. when your team is having problems with opponents scoring in the paint, which we have at times, zone is the best way to slow this down dramatically.

You must be kidding? I need to submit my " resume" of past post in order to pass the BernardKingGoat test? Someone post a comment, and they first need to run it by you for acceptance? Good grief, get a life.
I have nothing to do with the first amendment. Asked questions and received no answers. Your overdramatic and hypersensitive response is noted. You have an option to put me on ignore.

-We NEVER follow shots
-Aidoo has NO upper body strength
- Rely too much on Knecht
-Cannot press
-Do not handle pressure
-Vescovi has grown lame
-Zeigler should NEVER shoot 3 pointers
Agree on all but Zeigler, he should continue to shoot the 3's

VN Store

Back