Two things that kill Tennessee basketball right now

Volsurance

1. Other than Grant Williams and a very few others, we just don't get aggressive strong physical players. We have way too many iffy players that lack physicality, can't dribble, aren't that athletic, can't get to the rim. I would trade what we have for Miss State's team and philosophy any day.

2. Lack of confidence. Vescovi and James look like they need a psychiatrist to get them over their lack of confidence. They look like they would rather die than take an open shot because they already know it's a miss.

Come on Sport Fanz.........................This is Coach Barnes predictable season end!
It is why he was let go at Texas after what could appear as a good program. Tennessee has been the same...........spurts of Greatness followed by early exits in March.
Good Guy Good Coach..............just folds in March!!

1. Other than Grant Williams and a very few others, we just don't get aggressive strong physical players. We have way too many iffy players that lack physicality, can't dribble, aren't that athletic, can't get to the rim. I would trade what we have for Miss State's team and philosophy any day.

2. Lack of confidence. Vescovi and James look like they need a psychiatrist to get them over their lack of confidence. They look like they would rather die than take an open shot because they already know it's a miss.
Said it before...I think we'd be in a better place as a team at this point in the season if Vescovi and JJJ hadn't returned. Sure, we'd likely not have the regular season title and as high a seed, but I think our makeup and prospects for the tournament might be better. We'd most certainly be further ahead for next season if Carr, Dillione and Estrella had gotten way more minutes. If nothing else, we'd have a much better read on those guys to use in guiding our recruiting both in HS and in the portal. As they say, hindsight is 20/20, but at least we have a regular season SEC title to comfort us, right?

Said it before...I think we'd be in a better place as a team at this point in the season if Vescovi and JJJ hadn't returned. Sure, we'd likely not have the regular season title and as high a seed, but I think our makeup and prospects for the tournament might be better. We'd most certainly be further ahead for next season if Carr, Dillione and Estrella had gotten way more minutes. If nothing else, we'd have a much better read on those guys to use in guiding our recruiting both in HS and in the portal. As they say, hindsight is 20/20, but at least we have a regular season SEC title to comfort us, right?
Barnes has always said you earn playing time in practice. He sure didn't keep ZZ off the court.im guessing some players develop quicker than others.

42 points in the paint as compared to our 14 points in the paint. If the other team has a bruiser down low and the ball gets to him there's nothing we can do. Looks to me like you've got to get Estrella in there and see if he can stop those big uglies. Now he's probably not gonna bring much offense except for some garbage points, but we've got to stop or limit those guys somehow.

It also depends upon whether the game is allowed to be a wrestling match or officated (in my opinion) the way basketball is intended to be played.

Trolls are out early today…..
Personally it gives me great comfort to know that we have so many coaches and psychiatrists on this site. Now I know where to go for advice. But you only see them after losses so you have to pick your spot to get help.

Come to think of it, Vol Nation coaches do have a lot in common with psychiatrist patients. Both spend a lot of time lying on couches spouting gibberish.

Personally it gives me great comfort to know that we have so many coaches and psychiatrists on this site. Now I know where to go for advice. But you only see them after losses so you have to pick your spot to get help.

Come to think of it, Vol Nation coaches do have a lot in common with psychiatrist patients. Both spend a lot of time lying on couches spouting gibberish.
Fans have every right to comment and complain after the performance we saw with MSU Friday. I can handle my team losing- all I ask is don't stink up the place if you lose. Yesterday was embarrassing. If we're trolls for calling that out exhibition or wanting to win more than 1 game in the tournament, then call me a troll.

Fans have every right to comment and complain after the performance we saw with MSU Friday. I can handle my team losing- all I ask is don't stink up the place if you lose. Yesterday was embarrassing. If we're trolls for calling that out exhibition or wanting to win more than 1 game in the tournament, then call me a troll.
No question one can and should complain after that performance. It was a sad effort for whatever reason. But It’s all those “coaches” that only show up after losses/weak performances and don’t show up with any compliments after a team wins 24 games and an SEC title. Those are the ones I have issues with and you know there are plenty of them. To be fair though I already have most of them on Ignore so I don’t have to worry about reading them.

I feel like if Vescovi and JJJ aren't going to take open shots, then put the younger guys in who will. Not losing much. Maybe a little on the defensive end, but Knecht and Zeigler can't be the only ones scoring.
DJ and Carr would shoot the lights out!

I can't figure out why we almost never have a dominate big man. Aidoo looks dominate against teams with little inside presence but when the other team has a big with size and athleticism, Aidoo vanishes. I'm really hoping Estrella improves and becomes that guy. I feel like he can do it. JJJ and Santi are a question mark offensively. I have no idea what happened there. Really hopeful some of the younger guys that have to step in next season will be surprise super stars. I feel attached to this team and I'll miss Santi and JJJ but I also can't wait to see what happens when we fill their spots with some new players.

Let's just all hope our veterans really show up during the NCAA tournament. That spark is in there somewhere.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Come on Sport Fanz.........................This is Coach Barnes predictable season end!
It is why he was let go at Texas after what could appear as a good program. Tennessee has been the same...........spurts of Greatness followed by early exits in March.
Good Guy Good Coach..............just folds in March!!
Pretty sure Texas was a good program and so are we.

VN Store

Back