Two Tennessee girls

I am pretty sure Madi Hawk was invited too
I know madi was invited she was on original invite list that was post, there are several that are not on this final list that were on the invite list so I'm assuming they couldn't attend for some reason.

I know madi was invited she was on original invite list that was post, there are several that are not on this final list that were on the invite list so I'm assuming they couldn't attend for some reason.

THANK YOU! i knew i wasn’t completely crazy and had saw her post something about being honored for the invite... i thought it was impressive she was on the invite list

THANK YOU! i knew i wasn’t completely crazy and had saw her post something about being honored for the invite... i thought it was impressive she was on the invite list
Heck I think its super impressive I mean how many kids can say they were invited out of all the ballers in the country to tryout out for our USA team.
Ok, but why didn’t she go this year? Was she unable to attend due to a commitment ?
USA Basketball Women's U16 National Team Trials Roster isn't the process to select 10 and 3 alternates out of the trial roster of 30?

Getting selected for tryouts catches many first-time athletes (and parents) off guard. It is a very expensive and time consuming process. Not only is there the the expense of tryouts (which is a two week process), but if she made the team there would be travel to Chile not only for Madi but for a parent(s) too. (though some of the older athletes are cool with taking such a trip alone, most of the first-timers are better served with a parental influence for their first high-profile opportunity away from home-extended trip). With the Covid influence, that is still a factor the ones who did make it (and the parents who make the trip), would be going to Chile to play and that means not only the trip, but the quarantine of a week for the parents at their own expense. This is a new thing for the parents (especially parents of the younger invites who have never had to plan for or have experienced such a thing).

Madi is on their radar and if she performs at the same or greater level, she will stay there and next year if the opportunity presents itself again, they will have more knowledge of what it entails. And now I can be there to guide them in preparation for such an event if they need it. Madi was one of the youngest invites and this was very new to both her and her parents, who are experiencing the life of a parent of a high profile child.

Madi is proud and humble of the recognition and opportunity of such an honor. And both she, and her parents are already preparing for the possibility of such an opportunity and honor, next year.

Getting selected for tryouts catches many first-time athletes (and parents) off guard. It is a very expensive and time consuming process. Not only is there the the expense of tryouts (which is a two week process), but if she made the team there would be travel to Chile not only for Madi but for a parent(s) too. (though some of the older athletes are cool with taking such a trip alone, most of the first-timers are better served with a parental influence for their first high-profile opportunity away from home-extended trip). With the Covid influence, that is still a factor the ones who did make it (and the parents who make the trip), would be going to Chile to play and that means not only the trip, but the quarantine of a week for the parents at their own expense. This is a new thing for the parents (especially parents of the younger invites who have never had to plan for or have experienced such a thing).

Madi is on their radar and if she performs at the same or greater level, she will stay there and next year if the opportunity presents itself again, they will have more knowledge of what it entails. And now I can be there to guide them in preparation for such an event if they need it. Madi was one of the youngest invites and this was very new to both her and her parents, who are experiencing the life of a parent of a high profile child.

Madi is proud and humble of the recognition and opportunity of such an honor. And both she, and her parents are already preparing for the possibility of such an opportunity and honor, next year.

LOL, so i wasn’t tripping when i saw she posted it? that’s good to know and hopefully she gets another shot at the them in the future if that’s her goal.

I don’t know if people remember this or not but Sabrina Ionescu was a person who had to go to the U16 trials as an uninvited guest and go through all the trials (before covid they allowed noninvitees to attend at the U16 level to find more talent). She made the team as a virtual unknown and that’s what brought attention to her. Just a little side note 😊

I hope she gets another shot too. It would be unfortunate if she didn't and couldn't go bc of finances or whatever reasons. There should be some sort of outreach for kids to assist (financially) with opportunities such as this. I'm sure it isnt cheap when you think about flight, hotel, food and travel expenses for player and parent with NO guarentee the kid makes the team. This year was different too with covid im sure that was impactful as well.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I hope she gets another shot too. It would be unfortunate if she didn't and couldn't go bc of finances or whatever reasons. There should be some sort of outreach for kids to assist (financially) with opportunities such as this. I'm sure it isnt cheap when you think about flight, hotel, food and travel expenses for player and parent with NO guarentee the kid makes the team. This year was different too with covid im sure that was impactful as well.

Her Mom is already saving up for next year and if she gets the invite, I will help them with getting sponsorship or with how to get on a donation site

But she is still getting recognitions,,,she was invited to the john Lucas top 160 camp in Houston TX in September That is for the TOP 160 HS players (not just rising sophomores) across the country. One of the biggest camps for girls basketball.

Last edited:
Her Mom is already saving up for next year and if she gets the invite, I will help them with getting sponsorship or with how to get on a donation site

But she is still getting recognitions,,,she was invited to the john Lucas top 160 camp in Houston TX in September That is for the TOP 160 HS players (not just rising sophomores) across the country. One of the biggest camps for girls basketball.

That’s the same one we had Kaiya, Karoline, and Justine at this past camp. It’s a legit honor to be invited and a ton of the countries best players go😎

That’s the same one we had Kaiya, Karoline, and Justine at this past camp. It’s a legit honor to be invited and a ton of the countries best players go😎
John Lucas camp is the real deal. Its for the top 160 HS basktball players across the country reguardless of age or class. I dont care who you are that is impressive to be selected as top 160 out of 100s of thousands of kids. I hope she gets to go...

John Lucas camp is the real deal. Its for the top 160 HS basktball players across the country reguardless of age or class. I dont care who you are that is impressive to be selected as top 160 out of 100s of thousands of kids. I hope she gets to go...

Her Mom's already planning for it

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back