Two NYPD Officer Ambused in Patrol Car

I'm still failing to see why the NYPD is blaming or partially blaming the mayor for this.

Reactions: 4 people
cops were hispanic and asian - finally saw a close up photo and names of them

I dont care what color they were, I hope NYPD opens up a huge can of christmas whoop ass on that town and any protestors. Hell how about even going after some of these celebrities putting videos out encouraging people to sing hate speech towards cops. Probably could get them on some nice charges.

I'm still failing to see why the NYPD is blaming or partially blaming the mayor for this.

Because of his solidarity-esque association with the protesters. Meeting with the leaders to get their demands, not supporting cops but protesters, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously these cops were innocent men that in no way deserved this outcome. However, with cases of police brutality becoming more commonplace, I am afraid we will see an increase of violence towards the police as a consequence. I feel so bad for their families this holiday season.

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously these cops were innocent men that in no way deserved this outcome. However, with cases of police brutality becoming more commonplace, I am afraid we will see an increase of violence towards the police as a consequence. I feel so bad for their families this holiday season.
I don't think it's a matter of them becoming more commonplace as it is, they're becoming more highly consumed in various media outlets.

Something about the mayor's son saying he didn't feel safe around police, and the mayor didn't stand up for the police. This is what nbc said this morning. Someone probably has better info...

Something about the mayor's son saying he didn't feel safe around police, and the mayor didn't stand up for the police. This is what nbc said this morning. Someone probably has better info...

Actually I think DeBlasio made the comment he didn't feel safe with his son around the cops.

If "Hands Up Don't Shoot" is acceptable for it's symbolism but not realism then "I Can Breathe" is also acceptable for symbolism supporting law enforcement instead of holding it to a realism standard.

This whole "mocking" or "disrespect" BS is just that. They are not mocking Garner - they are countering the theme that cops are racist killers which is perfectly acceptable.

These are slogans of symbolism; not literal expressions.

The reason you only have one like (from Tim no doubt) is because it is a mockery. I don't know how else people are supposed to take the message. If they aren't mocking Garner, what are they saying? That thanks to cops, we enjoy the breath of life? I don't get what else it could be, but a mockery. They took his last words and completely changed the meaning into a phrase that doesn't make sense as a rallying cry for them.

If they made shirts that say "I'll sleep safely tonight" or something like that, I'd totally understand what their message is, but "I can breathe" just sounds like a slap in the face.

Reactions: 4 people
10616176_10152584098792993_4221611703697357561_n.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

Police overreach? wtf are you talking about? In each case, EACH, the cops were doing their jobs. To serve and protect right? To prevent crime right?

You know what, next time you have an auto accident, or see someone attacking someone, your house/car is broken in to, or raping a female, or any illegal transgression that would warrant a call to the authorities..Dont.

I hope the cops go on a rampage and bust some skulls. White Christmas? Make it a red Christmas mourning. A large part of our population is due for a swift kick to the nuts.

As someone who gives a rats ass what color some scumbag is, it's sad that so many black people believe they're batting 0 for 3 in convictions over what they perceive to be a racial issue when it should only be 1 for 3 anyways in my opinion. I think Wilson acted within his rights and that Garner's death was an accident. As for Zimmerman, dude just blatantly stalked someone and murdered them when they retaliated in reaction to his b.s. ways. With that being said, this crap is really getting old and at this point, I think the majority of the people protesting are pathetic and they garner no sympathy from me. I'm not even a fan of cops and yet I could care less what happens to protesters anymore.

Anyways, I think it's funny that protesters believe they're making an impact. I take that back... I think it's funny they believe they're making a positive impact. They are making an impact though. Everything that's been built to this point is gradually being burnt to the ground. And I don't mean the city of Ferguson. The protestors wanted to make it a racial issue, they got one. A lot of people who might have once been on their side or ignored them altogether, not anymore. When your PR machine is to burn businesses to the ground, loot and kill, you're going to not only lose a lot of support but you're going to make a lot of enemies. If that was the plan, they're succeeding. Their protests have been about as brilliant as greenpeace's attempt to garner attention by desecrating the Nazca Lines.

Forcing people to notice your cause by any means necessary isn't the best strategy. Who cares if people notice you when the reason they notice you is because you're being a horrible person and they now hate you for said reason. If protesters thought black people were being profiled before, wait until they see what happens now.

Reactions: 2 people
The reason you only have one like (from Tim no doubt) is because it is a mockery. I don't know how else people are supposed to take the message. If they aren't mocking Garner, what are they saying? That thanks to cops, we enjoy the breath of life? I don't get what else it could be, but a mockery. They took his last words and completely changed the meaning into a phrase that doesn't make sense as a rallying cry for them.

If they made shirts that say "I'll sleep safely tonight" or something like that, I'd totally understand what their message is, but "I can breathe" just sounds like a slap in the face.

I would agree with you, but again I ask the question of why the NYPD is getting blamed? These shirts were made by supporters and the police have no control over that.

Supporters have just as much right to make them as the Ferguson protestors do to make the "hands up, don't shoot" ones.

VN Store

Back