Twitter champions here?

If Jarrett was about to lead his team to a big upset over Bama and he decided to walk off the field and not play the rest of the game and they endd up losing, those same idiots would bash him for quitting on the team.

I saw it last night. I follow him on Twitter. A lot of people let him know they wanted him to leave.
That’s a shame. That kid has never done anything to intentionally hurt the team yet sooooo many fans paint a rock, cuss him on Twitter and belittle him every chance they get. It’s no secret I’m a Maurer supporter but never wished for JG to fail and absolutely love the fact that he supports JG when no one does.

The worst part of his twitter announcement is how many people are actually excited he is returning.

That being said if you are putting yourself out on social media its not going to always be rainbows and unicorns. If you dont want your feelings hurt you probably shouldnt internet.

If Jarrett was about to lead his team to a big upset over Bama and he decided to walk off the field and not play the rest of the game and they endd up losing, those same idiots would bash him for quitting on the team.
So you're saying JG leads the team to a "huge upset win" but because he quits on the team before the game is over it is in fact not an upset a win and turns into the what, 13th straight loss? Then yes..he would be bashed most deservedly.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2 and tbh
So you're saying JG leads the team to a "huge upset win" but because he quits on the team before the game is over it is in fact not an upset a win and turns into the what, 13th straight loss? Then yes..he would be bashed most deservedly.
Not by the ones saying he should quit the team.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Are there any players out there smart enough to not participate in that social media garbage? The world was better place without twitter and facebook. JG would be much better off if he lived by what he said. Namely that the only people that he cared what they thought were his family, coaches and teammates. If he really believes in that he ought to delete the twitter and not put anything out there at all. Hopefully he can rise up and prove the haters wrong. It sucks that lame ass people say anything they feel like on the internet but they would never have the guts saying it to someone's face.

Im sure a lot of the more ignorant posters here participated. Of course they won't be man enough to admit to it.

Without a doubt. But every now and then, they let their guard down. It wouldn't be too hard to review posts and figure out who they are. But doing so would just lower you to their standardless lifestyle. There's more to life than being spiteful bullying microbes.

Reactions: k-town_king
Are there any players out there smart enough to not participate in that social media garbage? The world was better place without twitter and facebook. JG would be much better off if he lived by what he said. Namely that the only people that he cared what they thought were his family, coaches and teammates. If he really believes in that he ought to delete the twitter and not put anything out there at all. Hopefully he can rise up and prove the haters wrong. It sucks that lame ass people say anything they feel like on the internet but they would never have the guts saying it to someone's face.

CR, in general, I agree with you. Diverting a tad off the thread focus, experience, readings, and uninvolved observations showed me that the world wasn't better before Facebook and Twitter. The ugliness at the core of our society always was there as our history illustrates. What's different now is the cyber-age dragged this ugliness publically out in full view. Partially due to being able to be anonymous, and partially due to giving the worst of us an open platform to "safely" spew that ugliness without consequences. And here we are.

Last edited:
Without a doubt. But every now and then, they let their guard down. It wouldn't be too hard to review posts and figure out who they are. But doing so would just lower you to their standardless lifestyle. There's more to life than being spiteful bullying microbes.
s
Since your preaching this morning. Why would a player who had his life threatened and family sent hate msgs continue to put himself in the spotlight ???

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
No excuse for the ugliness shown to JG.

With that said, he has experienced the bad on many occasions as it relates to social media. I for one consider these "young adults" to be just that, adults. At some point, they have to realize, if you're going to put yourself out there, you better be thick skinned. After all, he did say he received death threat and ill will toward himself and family. Really....what did he think was going to happen? Again, no excuse, but dang, he had to know.........I don't want to see coach implement a "NO social media" policy, but it would be nice if the players would implement one for themselves. On a side note, Jeremy Banks is making his rounds on twitter visiting children in the hospital. That's probably a story in the making.

80% of all tweets are created by 10% of the users. It's sad that such a small group had the ability to represent such a large # of vol fans. If you claim to be part of vol Twitter you're likely part of the problem. Step away from the keyboard

didn't see it but if fans/people did that to JG they should be ashamed of themselves and apologize...that is no way to act and call yourself a Vol fan...actually, I'm feeling ashamed typing this right now...so sad...I swear I hope he has the best year in Tennessee history and makes everyone of those people eat their words...see, now I'm getting mad at this show of stupidity toward a Vol...NOT SORRY...

GO JG AND GO BIG ORANGE!

Not by the ones saying he should quit the team.
a2ace599d503f4163e1f2d025dd763a4.jpg

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I'd venture a guess some of our posters were there trashing him and I'd venture we could probably point them out.

I think they are probably still sleeping after their Star Trek and cheetos binge last night. Once their mom wakes them up and brings the meatloaf we can start calling them out. Wanna start about noon est?

VN Store

Back