Twitter champions here?

I'm just being a petty person really. Peeps acted like garbage to him.

Oh, that's pretty shameful. I don't think he's all that great and he's frustrated the hell out of me, but the kid plays hard and doesn't quit. So he's got my respect in that regard and if he wants to stick around and try to get better, I'm pulling for him.

I still think given all of the adversity he has faced, that he could turn into a good coach. He knew all the protection schemes and calls far better than the other QBs, which is why the coaches felt safer with him in there. I do not think he is a high level QB, he is way too inconsistent and is too slow in his reads, but he has kept his head down and fought hard for UT. It is not his fault that there is no one better that could beat him out (and I don't believe the coaches played him over Maurer and Shrout to spite Volnation, or because of some other crazy excuse).
Nicely sums up my thoughts as well. The young man is all Vol and if he keeps getting trotted out there good bad or otherwise by CJP and CJC its not his fault. He is doing the best he can with the skills/ mind he has so if hes not good enough its up to the coaches to develop better or replace him with BM, JT, Bailey et al.... Probably one of the toughest players I have ever seen for the terrible OL play his first two years and the beating he has taken. Saying awful things about him PERSONALLY on twitter or anywhere else just shows ignorance. We can debate about performance all day but to doubt the guys commitment to this VOL team and brothers is dishonest imho.

Reactions: Golf freak
How anyone can be upset over twitter posts is beyond me. Im not saying JG is, but just in general. No one should regard any twitter name callimg

Reactions: whodeycin85
If a player is going to post stupid stuff, he should expect to get crap. We dont know who's ut fans or just trolls.
What "stupid stuff" did he post exactly? I'm not on Twitter, but it sounds like he simply stated that he would be a Volunteer next year, and, honestly, it's pretty safe to assume that most of the replies were from Tennessee fans. He's not a star, so he's unlikely to have many followers outside of our fanbase. What would other fans have to gain from it? Making him think we hate him? We don't need any assistance there. Plenty of people show that on a regular basis. He's been a disappointment, but some of you go way beyond anything that could ever be considered constructive criticism.

Yea, companies totally have never fired people, or not hired them, because of stuff they put online.
Why?
Because they dont want to be associated with people like that. It makes them look bad.
This makes Vol fans look bad.
How anyone can be upset over twitter posts is beyond me. Im not saying JG is, but just in general. No one should regard any twitter name callimg

I deleted Facebook in 2009, couldn't imagine the crap on there today
I have a facebook account that I've looged onto maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years.. I have a twitter account that I opened maybe 8 or 10 years ago to try to follow some recruiting stuff, haven't logged into it since.. They probably deleted it for lack of activity.. As far as my social digital footprint goes, VolNation is it..

You folks are the only friends I have.... 😎

That’s not right.

I mean I’m disappointed in his play big time but to message him directly with some of that crap is too far. The guy is still a VFL and doesn’t deserve to get direct messages from grown a$$ adults digging at him. Screw those people. They can go be Florida fans.

Anybody who acted like that is already a closet Florida fan in my book.

Oh, that's pretty shameful. I don't think he's all that great and he's frustrated the hell out of me, but the kid plays hard and doesn't quit. So he's got my respect in that regard and if he wants to stick around and try to get better, I'm pulling for him.
Well said

Bullsh!t. If you can't keep from trashing a player that goes to the school you cheer for then you need to seek psychological, or possibly even psychiatric, care.

Fixed it for you. The internet never ceases to amaze me.

I’m glad he will be available for another year.
i‘m hope something “clicks” and his throwing accuracy and timing improves significantly.
I’m betting that Bailey, once he gets some snaps under his belt, will be something special the next 3-4 years.

What happened to JG was sad and shameful. However, if #VolTwitter did not exist, Greg Schiano would be our football coach unless he had already been fired.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

VN Store

Back