Twilight Zone

I would love to see another attempt at a "Twilight Zone" feature length movie. The 1983 film was marred by the helicopter crash that killed Vic Morrow and the two Vietnamese kids (decapitated Morrow). Except for the remake of "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" with John Lithgow, it was a big disappointment. The John Landis directed Vic Morrow episode couldn't include the scenes with the kids and wound up not making much sense. Steven Spielberg, heartbroken by the tragedy and furious at Landis for violating child labor laws, half-assed the episode he directed.

My favorite Twilight Zone episodes are:

A Stop at Willoughby (actually very sad)

Living Doll (the talking Tina episode with Telly Savalas)

The Hitch-Hiker

Twenty-Two (the woman who keeps dreaming she is walking down a hallway in a morgue and being greeted by a nurse asking, "Room for one more, honey?")

The Invaders

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street

Last edited:
Watched the two new episodes on CBS All Access. The Comedian was solid, except it was probably 10-15 minutes too long. The reimagined Nightmare at 30k Feet was great.

RE: episodes 3 and 4 were terrible and though I haven't seen it, episode 5 has an even worse IMDB rating than all of them. #3 was more concerned with making a statement than good writing and #4 had an inevitable ending that had nothing to do with the actions of the characters, which makes no sense because the moral of the story was about people believing lies that benefit them. I'm done with it.

The original comes on SyFy in the mornings. There are a lot of good ones, but one of the best ones I liked wasn’t an original. It’s called an occurrence at owl creek bridge.

VN Store

Back