TV for Tenn Tech game/SEC network +/streaming only

Can you login and stream this from ESPN (SEC+) if you use youtubetv as your provider?

Might have solved it. It shows there's a Bama press conference live right now and says it's on SECN+ and I guess I'm able to view it. It acts like it loads but then says your event is about to begin please stand by.

What time is that press conference? Surely it's not this late?
You will see sec+ for games Saturday. Scroll ahead and you will see UT Tn Tech on sec +

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
When I went to the ESPN app and logged in on my roku tv, it only gives me the option to subscribe? I have xfinity. Should sec+ not be free since I have sec network?
It is for me but I have direct tv. I’ve had trouble w the espn app recognizing my cable provider so I’ve logged out and back in again. The article posted says you should get it free as well. Can you scroll ahead to Saturday’s games and see UT on Saturday? Mine says SEC +.

It is for me but I have direct tv. I’ve had trouble w the espn app recognizing my cable provider so I’ve logged out and back in again. The article posted says you should get it free as well. Can you scroll ahead to Saturday’s games and see UT on Saturday? Mine says SEC +.
Yes. It still only gives me an option to subscribe. I don’t have a way to input my service provider.

Yes. It still only gives me an option to subscribe. I don’t have a way to input my service provider.
There is the problem. I’m don’t have a roku so I’m not familiar with the set up. I know on fire stick you chose your service from a settings menu. That’s where I sign in with my direct tv user Id and password.

When I went to the ESPN app and logged in on my roku tv, it only gives me the option to subscribe? I have xfinity. Should sec+ not be free since I have sec network?
I get it with Sling. I double checked and I don't get espn+ content. But I get SEC+. I thought I watched Vandy vs ETSU on espn+, but it must have been SEC+. If you open the espn app on roku then go to the setting icon, should be the little gear in the top right, there should be a section for TV provider in account information. Make sure it's correct, you may have to re-verify with your xfinity login. I see it under the sec+ channel when I go to browse from the main app screen after that.

If that doesn't work try it on a computer in the browser. If I go in with chrome on my laptop and look at the schedule, the espn+ stream is locked out, but the sec+ stream is available, once I log into my espn account and verify my cable provider. Hope that helps.

Reactions: bigdaddy
There is the problem. I’m don’t have a roku so I’m not familiar with the set up. I know on fire stick you chose your service from a settings menu. That’s where I sign in with my direct tv user Id and password.
I've got firesticks and one TV that uses Roku. It works same way. May ask you to activate via a browser and then you input provider info there. It's just following the directions on the screen.

Somebody tell me here....to watch the UT-TTU game; do I?

1. Add the ESPN App to my TV

2. Activate the App by signing in with my streaming service sign-in credentials

3. Sign up for one month of ESPN +, for $6.99

4. Watch the game

5. CNX the ESPN + channel subscription afterward

Will that work, or have I missed something?

Just found out that you don't need ESPN+ to watch SEC+ if you have access to ESPN through your cable subscription. On the roku espn app you can scroll down to the NCAA College Football category, scroll down in that, and pick sec network+.

Sometimes YouTube has the games on live stream. No need for a subscription or log in. Im not sure if our game will be on there but if you cant stream it on the ESPN + app it would be worth trying to find it on youtube.

If you get SEC Network through your cable or live-streaming service, you DO NOT need a separate subscription to ESPN+. SEC Network+ is streaming only, but you access it with your cable or live-streaming credentials for no extra charge. For instance, if you get YouTube TV, just go to the ESPN app and select the game. It'll make you sign in with your YTTV (or cable or whatever) credentials and you'll be able to access the game for no extra charge.

They have not at all done a good job of explaining what this is. Essentially, games are normally not available on ESPN+, as it's a separate service. ESPN+ subscribers would normally have to sign up for a TV service that gets ESPN to be able to watch any SEC game, but these games this year are accessible through ESPN+. But they DO NOT require a subscription to it if you already subscribe to a TV service that gets SEC Network.

The game will not be on linear TV, though. You have access to the game if you subscribe to any TV service that gets the SEC Network, but you will not be able to watch the game on that service. You will have to go to the ESPN app and watch it through that. If you have a TV or separate device (Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, etc.) that gets apps, you're good to go though. If you do not, you'll have to watch it through a computer or phone (though there are still ways to hook that up to the TV).

The live-streaming services do not get the SEC Network alternate channels and every sport other than football has at least a handful of games on this SECN+ streaming-only thing, so a lot of us are kind of used to this, but I will again say they have not really done a great job explaining how this will go to fans who are used to finding the game on TV every week.

This will be strictly radio for me. A great car wash opportunity

We get 12 or 13 games a year to watch the Vols play. I can't imagine choosing to wash your car over watching the Vols, regardless of the opponent.

We get 12 or 13 games a year to watch the Vols play. I can't imagine choosing to wash your car over watching the Vols, regardless of the opponent.
This way I don’t feel like I have wasted an entire day. Win or lose I don’t feel like the day was a wash (pun intended) 🙂
Now I WILL be watching the week afterwards of course

Reactions: tbh and walkenvol
I will be watching to see if Milton can complete passes against glorified air. If he struggles against the Tech D then I just don’t think he has what it takes. Assuming his injury or whatever isn’t holding him out of course

VN Store

Back