Turnovers, Threes Doom Lady Vols, 69-58

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
No. 12/13 Georgetown made 10 threes and the Lady Vols committed 29 turnovers in a 69-58 loss at the Paradise Jam on Saturday

More...

The Lady Vols were not ready to play tonight......I believe they had 29 turnovers......Hopefully they will learn that they have to bring their A game every night.

Reality check, they'll learn from this and get better. It's not like they were going to go undefeated anyway.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wow. Was hoping ya'll would come to Waco undefeated but should still be a good game.

Hopefully Shekinna's back will be OK. I didn't know what exactly her injury was, just that it sounded bad when it happened.

And this beatdown is enough for me to turn my attention elsewhere this season. This whole getting beat by lesser opponents deal is wearing thin with me.

I have to disagree with you on this. Don't give up on these youg ladies just yet. What's needed is for Pat to open her eyes and stop being so darn stubborn and continuosly trying to push those All-American players out there that are so slow and simply can't perform against any team that are athletic. The exact same thing happened last year against Baylor during the NCAA Tournament and the game against Louisville should have been once again a eye opener.

Truthfully Angie B, Taber S and Kelley C are too slow for this level of play. It will only get worst as the competition gets harder. For Angie & Taber to be receiving the bulk of the minutes, is it just me or have anyone noticed each time the competition gets harder the two of them continues to no show during the games. Kelly Cain is the same way, she is 6'6" and very lazy. I don't think the coaches push her the way she needs to be in order for this team to be successful. I hope it doesn't show during their next encounter with Baylor and the 6'8" game changer Brittney Griner. I think they should keep her on the bench until she proves she really wants to play.

Coach Summitt always talks about how Stricklen is a point guard but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that she will be more productive from the wing or the small forward position. I feel the reason for this is Pat has built this team around Angie being the go to player and it will take the spot light away from Angie if that happens.

Everyone talks about how the Lady VOLs do not have a true point guard, but Pat does have a player who can handle the position if she would allow her to play without having the pressure that they will be pulled for every little thing they do wrong, that player is Kamiko Williams! If you look at the stats for each game she gets to play in, this player makes fewer turnover's (TO's) than any other guard on the team and she definitely is the best ball handler on the team but I know Kamiko isn't one of the high school All-American's that Coach Summitt trust so much to run her team who by the way continue to average 6-8 TO's a game which is evidently killing them.

I strongly think the excuse of Kamiko not being in physical shape will not cut the mustard this season if we want to move forward, she's the team's best defensive player at the guard position and the only proven passer to deliver the ball correctly to the post players at the guard position this year and last. Coach Summitt needs to allow Kamiko the room to play the point guard position and lead this team like she recruited her for. Let the girl play Pat and watch the positive progression that your team will have this season!

I look forward to seeing the Lady VOLs back on top at the end of the season. "Go Lady VOLs"!!

Excellent post.

I'm not going to give up on them, was just mad reading this thread title, and venting steam like a little kid does. :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back