Turner not playing?

Georgia is actually an improving team and they are at home. They led top 25 Arizona the entire game and lost at the end and won by the same margin we did against Georgia Tech on the road.

Our game against UGA is in Knoxville. They did nearly beat Arizona State, but blew an 18 point lead. They also beat GT, but got taken to the woodshed by Georgia St.

3 of their top 4 scorers are 6'8 or taller, which might pose a challenge, but I haven't really seen anything to make me worried. Just glad Maten is gone.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I wonder how things would be progressing had Kwe Parker been able to remain on the roster? Sure should have been an opportunity for Kwe to play a lot of PG. I don't know if he had enough of a team first attitude to make TN better though.

I wonder how things would be progressing had Kwe Parker been able to remain on the roster? Sure should have been an opportunity for Kwe to play a lot of PG. I don't know if he had enough of a team first attitude to make TN better though.
Word is that he currently isn’t playing for anyone. It is mentioned at the end of the video below at 5:01, that he may be looking for a school to pick him up or play overseas.

Last edited:
I remember him being very argumentative with Barnes after getting yanked out of a game 2 years ago. IMO his departure could have been addition by subtraction to the program.

I hope Kwe finds what he's looking for.

I'm with you - I think last year's version of LT would be a real boost to the team, maybe enough to push them to the top. Also, the mystery concerning his status is hard to understand.

Reactions: Vols All Day
This goes without saying since we beat #1 Gonzaga without LT?
From the article on TOS, it would help us and Bone if Turner is back. It was stated that it was hard for us to play defense 90 feet like we want to without Turner. It was mentioned also that Bone could really use Turner spelling him. Hopefully, Turner gets back soon, so that Bone isn’t overworked and exhausted by March.

Reactions: i2amavol
That's not the first time RB has said its "up to him" concerning LT. Wonder if there's more to it than just an injury.....

That's not the first time RB has said its "up to him" concerning LT. Wonder if there's more to it than just an injury.....

It could simply mean that he's been cleared medically and the doctors don't feel that he's in danger of doing permanent damage by participating. Now it's up to Lamonte.

It's possibly a similar situation to Peyton participating in the 1998 Orange Bowl. His leg or hip injury rendered him largely ineffective versus Nebraska and it might have even hurt the team by not benching himself.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Sounds like doc clears him but his shoulder is just not fully rehabilitated. May have pain, lack of strength, fear. Probably lost his stroke.

I'll take that bet. How much? He used his redshirt 2 or 3 years ago.

Sometimes, in very rare circumstances, the NCAA takes pity on an often-injured athlete and allows him an extra year of eligibility. The 6th year of eligibility can be applied for after the conclusion of the athlete's final season (the 5th year). The NCAA judges these case by case, so insert some UNC conspiracy theory here. In order to be granted a 6th year, the NCAA must see some sort of extenuating circumstances. If a player is legitimately injured for 2 years, then the possibility increases.

Last edited:
I think what Turner is doing is a very selfless act. It doesn't take a lot to throw your shooting motion off, and when you are bombing from downtown, the margin for error is very small. I am sure there is a small hitch in his motion that he is trying to work out, but surely he will push through it soon.

Barnes mentioned in the presser that Lamonte tells him everyday that he feels closer. Barnes also mentioned that he didn’t want Lamonte worrying about contact. So it does seem like it is a psychological issue.

VN Store

Back